Chapter 9

Tobias POV

I could see the outline of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare off in the distance.

"Come on Matthew. I can see it now. It's just up a head." I called out to Matthew who was lagging behind again. He lagged behind the entire trip, pleading for breaks. He never got them. If we kept stopping we were never going to make. But we had. 

"Just... a... break" Matthew stuttered.

"No. we're almost there. When we get there you can rest all you want." I didn't look back again and heard no reply from Matthew. My judgment told me we had about 30 minutes but it probably wasn't accurate. I continued to trudge along. 

Half an hour later we were standing in front of the large building. "We're here" was all I could and it came out in a whisper. I was finally going to see Tris. I suddenly felt nervous. It'd been two and a half years. What if she'd forgotten about me or moved on. Never the less I walked through the front door. I got weird stares from everyone. It was as if they didn't remember who I was. Then it struck me. They didn't know who I was. When 'Tris' died, she had just released the memory serum. They had no idea who we were.

Nita came running up to us. The look in her eyes was one of remembrance. She remembered us?

"Matthew! Tobias! Oh, it's so good to see you here. We've all missed you very much."

"We've?" Matthew and I both reply at the same time.

"Yeah. It's been the longest two and a half years of our lives. Hey, did you guys hear about Tris? Finally, she woke up. Oh. I use to clean her room when she was a sleep, like all the other Divergents, but her room was special. Pristine white, high end machinery. Heaven. But when she woke up, I was relieved of duties." Other Divergents? Why were they all kept in a room? Why was Tris is a different room? A nicer one?

"Could you take us to her Nita?" Matthew asked the question I couldn't muster. Why had she remembered us? Why had everyone remembered us?

"Well, I can show you the way but once you get to the secret corridor you'll have to go alone. Otherwise David would kill me." David. That name was like a bullet to the head. 

"Um... well thanks Nita," was all I could reply. I still couldn't get over the fact that she was mainly responsible for Uriah's death.

"Follow me."

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that was a very good place to stop the chapter but I have to go. Sorry about the updates, well, the lack of them. I have a high tea at school tomorrow and I've been cooking and on top of that my assignments were due last week so I was finishing them off.

It's almost holidays!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!! I can't wait. I promise there will be more updates then but they won't be of an extremely high abundance. 

Thanks to those few readers that I have. xoxoxo

Bambi

Sorry about the short chapter, again. I am trying my hardest to make them longer it's just not working. Maybe when Tris and Tobias finally meet they'll get longer but once they meet I don't know what's going to happen. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!