Childhood (Part 1)

(Song: Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine. Nightcore made by Sinon on YouTube)

Salena's P.O.V.

I woke to the sun stretching through my curtains early in the morning. I rubbed my dark purplish eyes from below my blanket burrito. I was about to go back to sleep when I realized what day it was. I sat up quickly and stood up light headed. I stumbled out of my room and ran around the corner to my mommy and daddy's room. Slowly I knocked on the door and heard a groan. My dad came to the door and pet me on the head.

"Hey Twinkle," he said teasingly, "What did you need? Did you have a nightmare again?"

I whined, "Nuuuuu. It's the first day of preschool! I want to go right now! Please!!!"

He chuckled and crouched down to my eyes, "You excited to be a big girl?"

He flexed at me and I giggled before nodding excitedly, "Are you excited to find out what your quirk is," he got into another pose, again I laughed happily.

"I want to be a hero like Daddy," I exclaimed getting into my own pose. Mommy came out in a bathrobe and smiled sweetly the interaction.

"What about mommy," she asked me sounding fakely offended, "Don't you want to help with investigations and police work?"

I nodded, "I'm going to be a hero detective!"

My parents laughed and smiled. I smiled my biggest smile to out shine them. My dad took it as a challenge, "Let's see who can smile the longest Twinkle."

I giggled at my nickname and nodded exaggeratingly, "I'll win."

"Well let's get dressed, Pretty. Don't want to be late," Mommy picked me up and we touched our noses together.

She carried me to my room and set my clothes out before helping. I held my arms up above my head so she could slip the pale blue dress over my black hair. I stepped over the light yellow shorts then tried to pull them up. I did but they went over my dress. I tugged on my mommy's robe and pointed to the bunches. She laughed a light-hearted laugh before straightening it out.

She waved her hands around me, "Ta Da! All done and ready to go to school!"

I pointed to her robe, "No we aren't! Mommy hasn't gotten dressed yet!"

She looked down exasperated, "Goodness, you're right! Go into the kitchen and eat breakfast with daddy while I get dressed."

Still smiling, I ran downstairs to the kitchen and climbed up onto the barstool beside my daddy, who was already dressed in his disguise. My daddy was the number 11 hero, sure, not the best but to me he was number 1. I'd get posters of him and color over the last one in 11 so it would say, "Sand Grinder, The Number 1 Hero!"

My daddy's quirk was awesome! He could move and manipulate sand and dirt stuff. My mommy's quirk happens when she touches someone without her special gloves on that she always wears. She can heat her hands up so hot to melt most metals. I'm only four and a month old so I get to go to the doctor's office as soon as the results come in. I shake with excitement at that thought and dig into my cereal.

My mommy came out with a trench coat and her purse, "You ready to get going big girl?"

I nod and run over to the entrance to put on my velcros. Mommy and Daddy quickly slide on their shoes and boots before holding my hands and following me outside. I jumped into the car and let Daddy buckle me in. He climbs into the passenger side and I start singing a song I heard on the radio.

"My heart's a stereo!"

"It beats for you so listen close!"

"Hear my thoughts in every note!"