Part 2

"Are you sure you're ready to go back?" Megan asked as we were eating ice cream whilst watching a movie, Lewis and Jess both asleep.
"I haven't seen them in ages, and I promised them I'd go back and see them."
"Are you going to tell them about Jess?" My eyes widened.
"No. No way." Megan nodded her head, thinking of what to reply. "It will only be a couple of days and I'm staying at Yana's so it should be good. And I'm really thankful that you'll look after Jessica, that's really kind."
"Of course, I'd do anything for you." Megan smiled. "When are you leaving?"
"Friday." It was Wednesday today, so I still had time to pack.

"I don't want to." Jess pouted as I told her we needed to go home now.
"Stay!" Lewis shouted playfully, Megan picking him up and laughing.
"You'll see them very soon Lewis, Okay?" I picked up my bag and then held Jessica's hand.
"I'll see you Friday, love you!"
"Love you too!" Megan said as I shut the door.

To be honest, I am scared of going back home. Yana and I have only contacted each other a little, and I don't really talk to anyone else- but that doesn't mean I don't miss them or think about them. Sometimes I wish that everything could go back to normal. Normal as in when my mom and I just moved, and I got the job in the Diner. Normal as in when Kayden asked me to be his girlfriend on his couch. Normal as in when I had all my friends and I hadn't lost anyone. It's now Jessica's bedtime, and she's asleep on her room meanwhile I was just lying on the couch downstairs. This was until my phone rang.
"Amy!" The familiar voice flooded down the phone.
"Yana! How are you?"
"I'm great. Are you excited for Friday?"
"I'm so excited. Are you sure you're fine with me staying around?"
"Of course! I was just ringing to ask what time you'll be here."
"I should arrive in the airport at 5pm."
"Okay, I'll see you Friday at 5pm." I hung up the phone and smiled to myself, before turning the tv off and going to bed.

It's now the next day, and Jess and I are going for a walk before I take her to Megan's. I'm going to miss her incredibly, but I need to make sure I don't bring her up in front of anyone when I get to New York.
"Are you ready sweetheart?" I asked Jessica as she came up to me in her little flower dress.
"Ready." We walked out the house and hopped into the car, on our way to the beach.
"Do you want some ice cream?" I asked, Jess nodding her head.
"Hi, can I get two vanilla ice creams please?" The girl serving nodded her head before making them, giving one to Jess and then to me.
"Shall we sit over here on this rock?" Jess nodded her head as she took my hand and walked over to the rock, telling me to sit down as she sat on my lap.
"Daddy." Jess said, taking me off guard.
"Daddy." She widened her eyes as she looked at me, as if I should know what she's on about.
"You want to know about him?" She nodded her head.
"Well, He was my first love. He was tall, blonde hair like yours, and very handsome. I loved him very very much. He was there for me through everything, and he cared for me."
"Where is he now?"
"He, uh, he needed to go somewhere for a little while." I smile, looking at my daughter and just seeing Kaydens face.
"I want to see daddy."
"One day princess, Okay?"

It was about 7pm now, and I pulled up to Megan's house.
"Hey." Megan said, letting us both in.
"Look who's here." Megan said to Lewis.
"Jess! Jess!" Jess ran to Lewis as Megan laughed, looking at me.
"Do you want to stay for a bit?"
"I should get going, I need to pack." I smiled, walking up to her and giving her a hug. "Thank you so much."
"It's no problem, you're my best friend." She smiled as I opened the door.
"I'll see you next week."