Part 11

After an awful night sleep due to Jessica not wanting to sleep, I forced myself out of bed and into the kitchen to make breakfast. Lucky for some, Jess was still asleep, but once I'm awake, I'm awake. As I was making my breakfast, my phone went off.
Jason: Goodmorning, How are you this morning?
I smiled at the text.
Me: I'm good, I'm super tired though. How are you?
Jason: did you get enough sleep?
Me: no, I couldn't sleep.
Jason: that's not good. I'll be over in a few minutes. I frowned at the message.
Me: you don't know where I live?
Jason: yes I do, you told me on the plane home. See you in a few my love. Confused because I couldn't recall that conversation, I sat down at the counter and started eating. I was just about to smile as I was excited to see him, but a thought stopped me from doing so; Jessica. How can he come round when my daughter is here? My daughter that he doesn't know of?

Quietly, I crept into Jessica's room, noticing that she was still sound asleep. As I shut the door and entered the kitchen, I prayed to the Gods for her to please not wake up whilst Jason was here. As if on cue, the doorbell rang.
"Hey."
"Good morning angel." Jason smiled as he walked into my house.
"Have you had breakfast?"
"I'm just finishing it now." I replied, eating the last bite before joining him on the couch.
"Let's go for dinner today." He smiled, putting his hand on my thigh.
"I'd love that." I smiled back. He quickly kissed me on the lips, his face close to mine.
"How have you been?" I rested my head on his lap.
"Bored. What about you?"
"Busy. Meetings and more meetings. I have to fly out soon again." I furrowed my eyebrows.
"When? Where? Why?" I blurted, causing Jason to laugh.
"So many questions." He replied, pinching my cheek. I climbed onto his lap so I was now straddling him, looking at him straight on.
"Yet not one answer in sight." Jason moved forward and attached his lips to mine, moving his body on top of mine.
"I have to fly out to London, United Kingdom. That's why I want to see you today."
"London? That sounds so cool! I've never been."
"We should go together-" Jason started, getting me excited, "some time." He finished. I tried not to let my disappointment be evident.
"Yeah. I'd love to."

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Jason slowly stood up, holding my hand and pulling me up too.
"So, about later-" He was stopped by the sound of a door opening behind me, his head whipping to the sound. Knowing exactly what was happening, I tried to get his attention again, gradually edging my way towards the door.
"What about later?" I asked, repeating him.
"What was that?" Jason moved away from me and closer to the room.
"Mommy! I'm hungry!" Jessica's voice said, her little body appearing from the hallway. I froze as Jason looked at Jessica and then to me.
"Who are you?" Jessica asked in a baby tone, pointing at Jessica. Jason, dumbfounded, turned to me.
"Who's this?"
"Oh, uh, I'm looking after my friends-"
"Mommy! Mommy! Can we go play again?" Jessica asked, running up to my leg and hugging it.
"Jason, I know this looks really bad." I started, not knowing what to say.
"You have a child, Amy?" I didn't reply, I just everted my gaze to the floor.
"Unbelievable." Jason said, shaking his head as he walked past me and to the door.
"Jason! Please! Let me explain!" I shouted desperately. He didn't turn back, he just got in his car, slammed the door and sped off.

Slamming the phone down on the counter, I sighed in frustration as Jason declined my call again. I was about to message him, but I realized there was no point as he had ignored the six messages I had already sent. It's a little later now, but I haven't moved from the same position, too angry at myself to process anything else. I knew I should have told him straight away. I knew I should have hid the fact I had a child. I mean, I have a child for goodness sake! How could he forgive me? I decided to ring him one more time, and unexpectedly, he answered.
"Yes?" His low, gravily voice questioned.
"I know you probably hate me right now, but please let me explain. Please Jason." I breathed, hearing a heavy sigh from his end. I could just picture what he was doing, his little habit of pinching the top of his nose when he gets stressed. There was a long pause.
"I don't know what you could say."
"I understand if you never want to see me again, but just please, listen to me one last time."
"Fine. We will talk a bit it later, I'm at work right now. I'll pick you up at seven."
"Thank you." I whispered, earning a little hum from Jason before he ended the call.