𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 - ʜᴀɴᴀɴᴇɴᴇ

REWRITE THE STARS. . .

- MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS WARNING!

Hanako and Yashiro were never allowed to be together in the first place.

Aside from the fact Hanako is not Yashiro's type - though, it's oddly specific and picky regarding pretty boys even though Hanako is one. Yashiro has a mindset that she strongly believes, up until now, because of this mindset, she's in denial of whether or not she has feelings for Hanako.

He's a ghost. He's dead.

And she's a human.

They shouldn't be meant to be.

It was said that the reason why Yashiro is able to interact was because her death was near, her presence in the far shore is to be expected. Hanako knew that from the start. At first, he wanted to grant her wish out of pity, but then, as time passes, as they discover more about each other, Hanako grew attached, and he wanted to make her smile all the time for his own satisfaction.

No one knew - not even them - how it happened so fast.

And now they're standing by a balcony, the full moon in perfect view, glowing brightly. But, for some reason, Yashiro still thinks that Hanako's eyes glowed brighter.

"What if we rewrite the stars?" Yashiro grinned, holding Hanako's hands close to her chest, where her heart is. Hanako stared at her in bewilderment, before she added, "who can stop me if I decided that you're my destiny?"

You have no idea, Hanako thought, wanting to say it out loud, but not wanting to hurt Yashiro even more. It's not that easy. No matter how much I wish to be with you, but it's hopeless.

"No one can rewrite the stars," said Hanako, looking away. "How can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find."

"Say that it's possible!" Yashiro said, absolutely determined. "Say you were made to be mine! Nothing can keep us apart, 'cause you are the one I was meant to find."

Hanako smiled, small, but it's still there. "It's not like I don't want you to be mine. It's up to you."

"It's up to you and me!" Yashiro corrected, tears welling in her eyes.

"You know I want you," said Hanako softly, gently flicking her nose. "It's not a secret I try to hide. But I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied. . ."

Then Hanako disappeared.

Yashiro looked around wildly, shocked he was gone in a blink of an eye. She tried to blink back the tears that were threatening to spill. Yashiro sniffled, "Hanako-kun?" She looked at her hands that were holding Hanako's cold hands earlier.

Hanako, away from Yashiro's view, looked back at her, the wind making his hair sway and block his pained eyes. "Goodbye."

- - -

REWRITE THE STARS - THE GREATEST SHOWMAN

Hi yes have you guys seen the pilot chapter? Yes I based this very short chapter off of that and one of my favorite songs in the greatest showman.

SORRY IF THIS WAS TOO SHORT ;;

I'm writing so much angst goSh i'm sorry lol

I might update soon (and it's not angst anymore. I think)

Thanks for reading! I appreciate every single on of your votes and comments!