𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 - ʜᴀɴᴀɴᴇɴᴇ

CHERISH MOMENTS WHILE THEY LAST. . .

Cut me open, take my heart,

So we'll never be apart

Don't you let it go to waste

when you walk away : 5sos

Pilot chapter setting!

- - -

Hanako stared at the limp, bloodied and bruised body lying on the ground in utter horror, the dark curls framing the body's face — what a sight to see, indeed. Hanako watched as Yashiro grumpily cracked her knuckles and shook her hands as if she touched dirt, nose scrunched up in distaste.

"Are we just gonna—"

Yashiro threw him a glare. "Yes. Leave him." Hanako decided it would be best not to help Yashiro's ex in fear that she'd break all laws of supernaturals and beat him up until he's dead (even though he's already dead). 

Hanako didn't know whether or not he should be afraid of her insane dualism — not even a moment earlier, she was weeping, begging for Hanako not to stab the man, and the next thing he knew, she was smiling coldly and punching the daylights of her ex.

"Come on, let's head to the bathroom, yeah?" Hanako suggested, trying his best not to piss Yashiro off or he'd be next.

Yashiro smiled brightly. "Okay! I need to was dirt off anyway," she said, followed by a giggle. Hanako shuddered at the eerie sound. But fortunately, Yashiro was back to her sweet self by the time they arrived at their destination, Hanako swore he saw flowers and petals surround her. What a cute girl, Hanako thought fondly, probably forgot about the fact she beat someone up for insulting her.

Yashiro did exactly what she said. She washed her hands, all the while humming a cute song that she must've heard over the radio this morning. Hanako couldn't fight the smile creeping up his face.

"Well, that wish didn't go so well, huh?" Hanako started. "It wasn't everyday things turned out like that."

Yashiro sheepishly smiled, gently shaking off the dripping water from her hands. "Ah, yeah. Sorry about that."

Hanako grinned. "Now, now, Yashiro—" he suddenly was right in front of her, except his face — his whole body — was upside down— "there's nothing to be sorry about. I didn't grant your wish exactly, so it's only right to grant you another, don't you think?"

Yashiro stared at Hanako's golden orbs. "Oh, right!" Her face fell a bit. "But wouldn't that be against your own rumor?"

Hanako's smile was wiped off his face. "It's fine. You don't need to worry about me." It's not like we'll see each other again after this, anyway. "If you can't think of a wish yet, how about we just delay that for a bit. Let's get to know each other, Yashiro!" He beamed a smile again, causing the girl to flush red.

"Oh," she muttered. "Okay." Yashiro cleared her throat, and said, "well, I have a pet hamster. And I also had one long ago." She nervously twirled a finger around the tips of her hair.

Hanako made a face. "Is that all? Seriously?"

"I didn't know what to say—" Yashiro paused. "Is there something I should say that you want to know?"

Hanako hummed thoughtfully. "Maybe not. But might as well get to know to customer for a better service, right?" He excitedly asked Yashiro, suddenly so close that their noses could've brushed against each other (could've because Hanako just passed by her body).

Yashiro's face erupted into a blush, spewing out words that made no sense at all, amusing Hanako. "D—Don't do that!" She said, trying to push the male away, but her hands just lamely waved around in his body.

Hanako giggled. "Stop it! That tickles!" Not really, but Yashiro needed to calm down. "Okay, okay, I get it." Hanako raised his hands as if he's been caught in something he didn't even do. "Yashiro Nene is easily flustered. Isn't that adorable?" He smirked.

Yashiro rolled her eyes, but the obvious flush dusting her cheeks betrayed her. Hanako chuckled and floated by the window of his (or the girls') bathroom.

A moment of silence washed after that. Hanako stared outside of the window, curiously watching some students play around outside, smiles on their faces. Yashiro noticed his sudden silence and walked up to him, but her eyes were all on him.

"Hanako-kun?" She called out, snapping Hanako out of his daze.

Hanako blinked, before looking back at her. He was surprised to see Yashiro right beside him, beaming brighter than the sun. "This is fun. I could get used to this."

Hanako sadly smiled. "Ah. Yeah."

- - -

Requested by: yeetus_deletussss
Thank you for requesting!

Sorry that took way too long 😤😤 I took a small, unannounced break from this book, because I lost inspiration. But all of you are just sweet that I got inspiration right away after. ❤️

Thank you for all the support and for reading this book!