𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤 - ʜᴀɴᴀᴋᴏ & ᴋᴏᴜ

IN A HEARTBEAT. . .

"Set my heart aflame

Every part aflame

This is not a game."

satisfied : hamilton

— not an angst, fortunately— there are some MANGA SPOILERS, though!

— there are some MANGA SPOILERS, though!

- - -

Kou was bored.

Truly, madly, deeply bored. Utterly bored out of his mind it was insane. Mitsuba was not around for some reason, so he didn't have a friend to talk to, and Yashiro was busy hanging out with her best friend, Aoi, so he couldn't talk with her, too. Yokoo and Satou already left the school.

His brother was busy with school work, and Kou promised he would wait for him so they could go home together.

Basically — and unfortunately — his last resort (because he's so desperate) is none other than the seventh mystery, Hanako-san of the girls' toilets. Gross name for a boy, but then again, he's a gross ghost, er, being.

"Hanako?" He called out, his voice echoing in the empty old girls' bathroom. A chill went down his spine. It's a girls' bathroom that held so much of his memories, good and bad (no matter how gross that sounds).

Silence greeted him; disappointment hit Kou.

But as he whirled around, right by the door, a face suddenly sprang onto view like a jack-in-the-box placed mid-air. Hair mussed up and falling on above his face due to gravity (which is surprising because logic doesn't work on Hanako), Hanako grinned and curled his fingers.

"Boo!"

Kou stared at him blankly. Hanako pouted and muttered about how he was suuuuuch a killjoy, honestly!

"You can't ever be scary, Hanako," Kou pointed out, and let the ghost follow him as he walked over to the staircase so he could sit down. Hanako trailed after him like a lost puppy.

Hanako smirked. "Are you saying I'm cute, boy?"

Kou clicked his tongue. "We both know that's false. Even senpai agrees." It was a lie. Kou definitely lied. With Hanako's big, round eyes and childish personality, no one can disagree with the fact that Hanako is one adorable brat — and that is ignoring that Hanako is actually scarily powerful.

At first, Kou was pretty confused why Hanako of all mysteries was the mystery, but then he thought about all the times Hanako is pretty mature and terrifying at times (for someone who has a baby face, at least).

Hanako gaped, dramatically hurt. Oh, Hanako, always acting like some sort of main character. "How rude, boy! You mustn't disrespect your elders!"

"Technically, I am older than you," Kou said with a smile. It was cheeky, that smile. An expression that Kou would never wear (at least, not until now). "Judging by your face, you're like 13 or something."

Hanako huffed and crossed his arms on his chest, refusing to look at Kou. "Chronologically, I am way older than you."

"Yes, ojī-san. I'm sorry, forgive me."

"Rude," Hanako scoffed. The other boy snorted in response.

It was always fun when it comes to hanging out with Hanako (I'm never a bore, he said). They're best buddies with all of those memories they spent together. Kou remembered the day he realized. . .maybe Hanako wasn't so bad for a feared ghost. It was at that moment Kou learned that underneath that layers of laughter and dirty jokes — way past his facade — Hanako is just a young boy like Kou.

Yashiro told him so.

Kou grunted and slumped his shoulders, lips pursued into a pout. Head rested on his crossed arms, the blond blew out a sigh. Hanako noticed this and tilted his head, cheeks puffed. "What's wrong, kid?" He casually asked.

"I was just thinking about senpai's life span—"

"Don't."

Kou flinched and turned to Hanako, scared he hurt him. He knew Hanako didn't want to talk about any sad stuff because he always relished in the fun of the present. Kou started, "sorry, I—"

Hanako looked away from him and hummed. The ravenette hopped on the floor and sat down on the cold tiles, back facing Kou — though the coldness probably doesn't matter because his body is also frigid. "I think about it, too. But I don't want anyone to be sad over it. I want everyone to have as much fun as they can before, well, it ends."

Kou stared at his back for a second. "Okay."

Then Hanako twisted his body a bit so that he was facing Kou, a genuine grin on his face. Different from his sly smirks, or fake smiles. "Why not make the best of the moment, eh, boy? Wouldn't that sound great?"

Kou shrugged. "As long as senpai would be happy."

"Aw, aren't you sweet?" Hanako cooed, a lilt in his tone that Kou's brows twitched at. "You need to think about yourself, too, boy. I understand that you're selfless and all but. . ." Hanako's voice became distant. . . "It's okay to be selfish sometimes." He grinned again, his eyes shut tight. "So, what do you want?"

Kou gestured at himself in confusion. "Me? You're asking about what I want?"

Hanako arched a brow, amused with his reaction. "Have you forgotten I'm a ghost that grants wishes for the living? If you have, then I would be deeply offended."

Kou laughed. "Would you grant it, though?"

"I won't hesitate to grant a wish for those who are special to me if it'd mean they'd be happy."

The blond seemed a bit taken back at Hanako's words — he didn't expect his answer to be so cheesy. Kou brightened. "Alright then. My wish is to be happy with you all. I want to treasure every second I'd get."

Hanako stood up and turned to Kou. "Now that's a wish I would grant in a heartbeat."

- - -

Requested by: Sxioulrandom

Hi!! Thank you for requesting, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it a ship chapter (I didn't know how-) but i hope you like it!

Honestly, HanaKou's bromance is adorable!! I love them sm

Thank you for reading!