Chapter 9

The night repeats itself once again, with Felix playing his game, ranting about his crush, and sleeping in Han's room for the night to feel better.

The girl decides to not talk about her current situation to Felix and goes with the flow—but her, being a bit too careless this morning, makes Felix bombard the same question repetitively at her.

"Are you really not a psychic?"

Han sighs for the umpteenth time and shakes her head.

"No, Felix. I'm just smart, okay?"

Obviously, the boy doesn't buy her reasoning and pouts at her, which is something rare for him to do. "Stop lying. I'm your sibling, why can't you tell me your secrets?"

A chuckle comes from the older one as she ruffles his hair lightly, though it is quite hard to do since they are both lying down, facing each other. "You won't understand the problem, bro."

"But sis! I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 18!" He jokingly glares at her. As if his age has something to do with this. She laughs in her mind, finding his sibling pure.

"Sorry to say Felix, but this is just something you won't understand due to the nature of the problem." Han replies, giving him a sad expression since she feels bad for him.

"Oh come on, just tell me! Who knows I might understand?" A pout comes on his face again, but it is soon replaced by an unhappy look, "I told you about my crush and you listened to my issue. Why can't I listen to yours? Am I really that unreliable?"

Ouch. Han isn't going to lie, but those words pained her a little bit.

"Ah..." She scratches her head, now, feeling extremely bad. "On one condition however. Don't judge me, okay?"

Felix gives her a salute and a firm nod, "Of course, Ma'am."

Han laughs for a bit before exposing the problem to Felix, in which he responds in a confused expression. Well, it is what I expected anyway. She then smirks at the lost-looking boy. "See? You'll definitely think how bullshit it is. There's no point in telling you this."

"It does sound bullshit..." Felix admits, pouting, "Trapped in a time loop because of your soulmate? Sounds like a fanfiction."

"Yep." She sighs and tries to roll away from him. But before she could, Felix grabs her shoulder and turns that body of hers back to him; his face, however, is replaced with determination.

"Sis, your explanation could be true though." His grip on her shoulder tightens, "You knew about all the stuff I needed this morning. It's almost predicting the future, but you said you've been trapped in a time loop, which is this day?"

"Yeah. Friday the 13th." Han rolls her eyes at the date, realizing how it signifies unluckiness, though it might not have any connection to her problem.

"Well, I believe in you." Her eyes enlarge at Felix's sentence, and he smiles at her with his eyes turning into crescents, "Well, how can I help? Maybe I can ditch school tomor—today?"

Her fingers go onto his forehead and flick on it lightly, making him blink in confusion.

"Felix, are you really willing to help or...?" Han chuckles knowing that her younger brother is probably trying to take advantage of this situation to skip school. "But if the day's gonna repeat, you won't have any memories regarding this event anyway."

"Right." Felix groans unhappily, knowing that his chance to ditch school has officially become zero.

"Sorry bout that." She sticks her tongue out, "But you can always spill some of your thoughts now. Maybe I can get something."

"Uhh..." He trails off, feeling unsure about her current situation. Felix becomes quiet for a few seconds, perhaps, thinking of ideas while putting himself in his sister's shoes—despite how incredibly hard that is.

He starts scrunching his nose after a minute, still saying soft 'hmm's while deeply staring at her.

"Felix, you don't have to think too hard. Just spill whatever, honestly."

"I don't know, Hannah." The boy seems rather stressed and actually called her by her English name. Han chuckles, knowing how he's feeling panicky and worried when he does this.

"Anything. Don't hesitate." She whispers, and he sighs.

"But you told me that you've interacted with him? And it should've been fine based on what your uni friend said, right? Or do you have to make a proper friendship and gain trust from this Hyunjin guy or what?" He started talking real fast, almost as if he spilled the whole tea from the teapot.

But Han is very thankful that he did that.

"Yongbok, you're a genius."

"W-What?"

Han had a huge smile on her face as her mind becomes more positive after listening to his small lecture. With determination, she firmly states,

"I'm gonna befriend Hyunjin properly and gain his trust."

----------

Author's Note: Hello people! So sorry for the short update :( Uni starts tomorrow and I had a lot of stuff to prepare before it starts (such as prescribed reading SLDKFJAHSDLFK)

Idk if i'm regretting my decision to take Masters degree--should I work instead? :( I'm still a young graduate and people would probably find me weird in class... TT