twenty

twenty

warnings: swearing, mentions of death and murder.

Stiles

The ride to the Sheriff's Station was silent. It was a very particular silence that I didn't know how I felt about. It wasn't awkward, but not comfortable either. I guess there was just a lot of tension in the air. Or rather a lot of tension between us. Neither of us knew how to resolve it so we just sort of sat there in silence.

I guess just telling her would release some of it, but for some reason, this felt like a very awkward time to do it. Though maybe there wasn't a non-awkward time to do something like this. I had no idea how to start, and it wasn't like there existed a handbook of 'How To Tell Your Former Enemy and Still Not Really Friend That Werewolves Are a Thing' out there.

My mind was so clouded with thoughts of what had just happened at Marcel's anyway that I couldn't concentrate. At the forefront of these thoughts was Colin. What was his deal, really? I wanted to ask Valerie about him, but I knew I shouldn't. I didn't even have the right to feel this way. Who was I to barge into her life and start asking questions just because I didn't like something?

Before I knew it, I was pulling into the parking lot of the Sheriff's station. Scott and Kira were, of course, there already. When the jeep was all parked and done I rolled down the window and leaned out, cards ready, to talk to them.

"Okay, this one will get you into all of the perimeter doors, this one to the evidence room, and this one's for my father's office."

Scott looked down at the cards and raised his eyebrows. "You didn't steal this, did you?"

I shook my head. "No. I just cloned them using the RFID emulator."

"Is that worse than stealing?"

I shrugged. "It's smarter."

The, by now, pretty scared looking Kira asked Scott if she could ask him a question and they walked out of earshot, leaving me alone with Valerie again.