Chapter 3

Your P.O.V
10 years ago

I was walk through the research lab that my father owns and helping him with his research into human DNA. "Dad I have your coffee" I called out as I soon see him signal me over to as he had his head in his research.

"Thanks son this research is so important I mean think of all the lives we could save if we alter human DNA to self-repair the possibilities are endless" my dad told me before taking a sip of his coffee. "Let me take a look" I asked him as he passed his research.

"I can't seem to get the cell to duplicate and after a couple of hours it just shuts down" my dad told me as I had an idea which I needed to try. After a couple of hour my dad was about to leave while I did a bit more research leaving with a smile.

"Ok time to test my theory" I said as I began to modify my fathers research and soon inject a cell into my own body. I spent the whole night doing experiments and tests to see if my theory was correct and soon morning came and my dad walks in and I smile.

"Dad I need to show you something" I told him as I grab a knife and cut my hand as my dad rushed over to check my hand only for him to see it heal in second. "Son what did you do" my dad asked as I showed him my research and theory on the cell duplication problem and his eyes widen.

"Son this is incredible you figured if we couldn't make the cell duplicate on it's own we just modify it to replicate just like a blood cell" my dad said as I smiled before he hugs me with a smile and tears on his face. "It was foolish of you to test it on yourself but thanks to this we may actually be able to complete this research" my dad told me as I hug him back and smile.

After that we informed the rest of our staff and soon we all celebrated at the success but I soon found myself feeling a little sick and headed for the bathroom. I quickly got to the sink and soon began coughing into the sink as I lifted my head I could see blood dripping from my mouth and in the sink before cleaning it off.

After I left the bathroom I headed for the lab to take a blood sample to examine. As I took a sample of my blood I quickly looked at the issue and what was causing it and to my shock it was the very research me and my father created.

"I don't understand the cell should be green but it's turned completely black but why" I say as I keep looking only to find nothing until my father walks in and I soon fall out my chair with blood coming out of wounds that weren't there before and runs to my side. "Son what is going on" my dad asked me as I point to my table a where I was before falling as he walked over and took a look only to soon gasp in horror.

"Son we need to destroy that cell it's effects have gone in reverse so instead of healing you it's destroying you" my dad said as he called all the staff to help me on to the research table where my father injected me with a special serum to destroy the corrupted cell which worked. "Good now we need people who are blood type O for a blood transfusion" my dad asked as 2 staff members step forward and begin the blood transfusion one was my bestfriend Ricky Johns and the other was Tommy Dales.

After a couple of hours I walk up only to find the lab on fire and no all the staff dead on the floor before running to find my dad I manage to track him to the cell vault but when I get there I see he laying on the floor dead as Ricky and Tommy try to steal cells we were working on. "Ricky, Tommy what are you both doing WHAT DID YOU BASTARDS DO" I shouted before getting shot and falling to the ground.

"We should of killed him before now" Tommy said as I watch them walk towards me with bags of cells. "Well see you [Fn] been fun" Ricky says before he grabs a cell and injects me.

"Hey we needed that" Tommy said before Ricky smiles and they leave not before Ricky says "[Fn] if you manage to survive the labs destruction just know that you will soon be part of our world" and with that they left as the anger in me grew before explosions went off and destroyed the lab with everyone inside. I regained consciousness only to find myself near the site of the lab and saw it burn and notice my wounds were gone before screaming with tears running down my face.

Your P.O.V ends
Present day

You wake up panting and covered in sweat before going to take a shower. After you were done you got dressed and walk out to find Ivy and Harley sitting at the table talking before noticing you.

"You ok" Ivy asked as you nod your head and sit with them and begin talk. "The people we are up against are not human but they can be beat so as of this moment we are at war" you said as Ivy and Harley look at you ready to follow you into the fight yet to come before all 3 of you leave the building and begin walking looking for a new place to stay.

*Tommy, Ricky when I find you both I will make sure you pay for what you did* you thought as you, Ivy and Harley reach a cash machine and you take out some money to buy a new home.