Who Knew Alleyways Were So Popular?

agentstefano

“I AM THE BOX GHOST! FEAR ME!” 

The Box Ghost hovered in front of Danny, surrounded by a maelstrom of cardboard boxes, tupperware containers, and storage bins. 

Danny sighed. “Come on, man. We do this every week. Can’t you give it a rest? I’ve got a math test tomorrow.”

“THE BOX GHOST DOES NOT REST. YOU WILL ALL BOW BEFORE MY CORRUGATED MINIONS.” 

“Jeez, you never think outside of the box , do you? Fine. We’ll do this the hard way.” Danny raised his fists, already glowing green with ecto-energy. 

The Box Ghost cackled and lifted his arms, the whirlwind around him accelerating. The hulking shapes at the back of the warehouse rose into the air and floated towards him.

“PREPARE TO BE CRUSHED BY MY NEWEST WEAPON: INDUSTRIAL SHIPPING CONTAINERS FULL OF─” He paused to watch as their heavy steel doors swung open. “─RUBBER DUCKS, FLIP FLOPS, AND ASSORTED LAWN ORNAMENTS!”

“Yeah, if your ego doesn’t crush me first!” Danny taunted, dodging a garden gnome and swooping around to shoot the Box Ghost with an energy ray. 

The Box Ghost cursed and sent a volley of rubber ducks after him. Individually, they were nothing to worry about, but together they made a vicious cloud that bit at his jumpsuit and pulled his hair. He couldn’t see the ghost through the blur of yellow plastic. 

Sam yelled from across the warehouse,“Danny, catch!” 

Danny burst through the wall of ducks and caught the Fenton thermos out of the air. Did he ever mention how glad he was to have backup? Dodging another gnome, he opened the thermos and pointed it at the Box Ghost. 

“YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT THE BOX GHOOOooooooost… ” His voice trailed off as he was sucked into the thermos. Danny screwed the lid back on and shook his head.

“Maybe you can think of some better lines while you’re in there.” He flew back to where Sam and Tucker were waiting and tossed Sam the thermos.

Sam frowned at it. “How does that guy keep getting out of the ghost zone?”

“Seriously,” Tucker said, “it’s like he has his own personal ghost portal.”

Danny shrugged. “I’m just glad the other ghosts seem to be taking a break. I could use a good night’s sleep for once.”

“Mmmm yeah.” Tucker yawned. “Let’s call it a night.”

“Good job, guys.” Danny held out a half-hearted fist for his friends to bump. “Go team.”

“Fly us home?” Sam asked.

“Of course.” Danny held out his arms. “All aboard the Phantom Express .”

Wrapping an arm around each of them, he lifted them into the air and through the roof of the warehouse. He tried to ignore how nice Sam smelled. Did goths wear perfume? Probably only if it was named something dark, like Graveyard Gloom.