The way dance makes me feel...

I can't put into one complete sentence how dancing makes me feel. It's not just the type you do, it's the way in which you do it. The way you push yourself and aim to be the best you can be. Not for anyone else, but for yourself.

Setting yourself goals and practising until you achieve what you set out to. Once you've achieved one goal, it's on to the next. Never giving up. There's no such thing as perfection, it's just all about improving. Becoming a better version of yourself.

There's something about dance. The way it makes you feel like you're flying. Like you're on top of the world and there's no way you're coming down. Your body slips into the routine it's used to and it just comes naturally.

The way you walk into that studio and just move with the piece of music. You really let go and just forget about all of your worries for a moment or two. You stop thinking and just, dance. Letting your body and soul take over and hitting the positions on the beat and creating highlights. It feels good.

The introduction to the music gives you adrenaline and your bones scream with excitement as you count yourself in. Without realising you're doing it.

You lose yourself within the music and for that one, maybe two minute piece- nothing else matters. The only thing that's important right now is you having a good time and feeling good about yourself.

The music comes to an end and you strike your finishing pose. The breaths you take are short and quick. Your breath is being taken away from you but right now it doesn't matter. You're on cloud nine and it doesn't get much better than this.

You stretch off and take a seat to relax. The muscles and bones all over your body ache from working so hard, but it's a good pain. One that shows you've worked for something. That good pain is always there and it's surprisingly reassuring. No matter how long you have or haven't danced for, you can't stop thinking about it. You want to get up and do it all over again. You want to disappear and just dance. Forever.

Dance isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle. And it's one I can't live without.