Gravity

My teacher told me that gravity is what stops us from floating away. It grabs onto our feet with all of its might and keeps us close to it. I didn't understand at first; was it a person, a monster or a ghost? She laughed and simply walked away.

But that wasn't enough for me, I needed to know more. My mummy told me that it was a force that meant we were stuck on the ground because the Earth had gravity. It pulled us as close as possible because it was lonely. That's why gravity happened, because the Earth was lonely; even with the billions of people living on it.

I would look up at the stars and see the moon. It would follow me wherever I went. The moon had gravity. Was the moon lonely too? Is that how it works? Why would the moon be lonely? It's surrounded by millions of stars. It couldn't possibly feel lonely.

Then suddenly one day it hit me. No matter how beautiful and big you are, you can still be lonely. We think things like the Earth and the moon are so big that everyone looks at them and that they could never be alone. We couldn't be more wrong. I came up with my own hypothesis.

You see, I think gravity is a cry for help. Even though we can see the moon in our sky, we forget it's millions of miles away. It looks down at us and feels left out. It uses its gravity to reach out for us and keep in contact. Because at the end of the day, everyone needs a friend. The stars in the sky have reunited with the moon and they dance together in the sky, happily. The Earth holds our hands and keeps us close so that we don't run away.

Everyone gets lonely and it can't be avoided. You could be surrounded by a thousand people and still feel like you're on your own. That isn't the truth though. Gravity is our friend. It brings us close for a hug because it's lonely. And when you're lonely, you just want somebody, don't you? Gravity. It's attracted to you, and you're attracted to it.

Personally, I don't think gravity is always a force. I think it can be a person. You drew me in and kept me in your heart. You're my gravity.

A/N: I don't even know what this is, but I am in a really deep mood.