Chapter 3: School

A couple weeks later I start school. I keep my hair down to hide my ears. Even though I'm trying to blend in everyone still looks at me. How can I blend in with them when they all look at me? I walk into my classroom and there's no open seats. I walk over to the teacher and politely ask "Where should I sit? All the seats are taken?"
He turns towards me and he looks annoyed. He asks "Why did I end up with the Half Human?"
I start getting annoyed and ask again "Where should I sit?"
He rudely shoves past me and walks to the back of the classroom. He motions me to follow. When I get there he tells me "Sit over here."
I ask him "How can I see the board from the ground?"
He rudely tells me "Figure that out yourself."
He walks back to the front of the classroom but everyone's attention is looking at me. I awkwardly sit down on the ground and pull my stuff out of my bag. Eventually the teacher yells at everyone and they turn back to facing the front of the room. When he starts writing on the board I can't see anything. I stand up and awkwardly write while standing up which is very hard to do. When the teacher turns around and sees me standing up he asks "Why are you standing up Half Human?"
"Because I can't see the board from the ground and my name is Nava."
"I'll call you whatever I want. And there's no standing in my class."
I get upset and tell him "I wouldn't be standing if I had a seat and desk like everyone else does!"
"Grab your stuff and come with me."
I grab my stuff, shove it into my bag, walk to the front of the class, and outside into the hallway with him. We continue walking until we are at the the head of the schools office. He knocks on the door and a voice says "Enter."
We walk into the office and my teacher closes the door behind us. The head of the school asks "What can I do for you, Myrn."
"This Half Human is keeping me from being able to teach my class. She's talking and arguing with me."
The head of the school turns to me and asks "Is this true, little one?"
Before I can answer, Myrn demands "Why are you asking for the Half Humans opinion?"
"Because you tend to bend the truth. And she's not a Half Human."
"She is! Look at her ears!"
They both look at me and I move my hair away from my ears. The head of the school says "She is a Half Elf not a Half Human. And don't talk back to me demanding I am wrong."
Myrn does not look happy. The head of the school says "I am Sambar, what is your name?"
I look towards the ground and reply "Nava."
"Why are you looking towards the ground? I won't hurt you."
I look up and tell him "Your kind doesn't like me."
"What do you mean by 'my kind?' We are all Silvanesti."
"No. I'm a Half Elf. Not full Elf like you are."
"That does not matter. You can still be taught. You are a child. You didn't choose this."
He turns towards Myrn and says "Myrn you will treat her like any of your other students or else you will get fired, do you understand?"
He looks angry but he says "Fine."
We both leave the class and head back to the classroom. He quietly tells me "I will get you a seat and desk tomorrow."
He heads back to the front of the room and continues teaching. 

*Picture at the top of the chapter is Nava's teacher*