Chapter 9: Searching

We spend the next couple of days searching for my mom. We are lucky Humans are easy to find because they leave a messy trail behind them. We find the Humans from my mom's town hiding in a cave. We get off the horses and walk into the cave. I see my mom towards the back of the cave helping the injured. I walk over to her and ask "What happened to all of you?"
She turns around surprised then hugs me. She says "The Evil races are coming back. There are more mercenary's too. It is getting more dangerous being out here. We are lucky to have made it this far away from town. They have already killed or captured people. We are making our way to a city. We will hopefully make it to a city without getting killed buy it is a long journey."
I tell her "We can go with you."
She sadly smiles and says "It would be too dangerous for you."
"I can handle myself."
"No you can't. You're still young."
"I'm eleven years old!"
"That's still young."
"In Elven ages it is! It isn't for Humans."
"You are still an Elf."
"Half Elf."
"It's not safe. Go back home to Silvanesti. Don't worry about me."
"But you're my mom. I am going to worry."
She faces me and says "I won't be around forever. I'm a Human. We have shorter life spans then Elves do."
I tell her "I'm half of both races. My life won't be as long as an Elves life is. I barely get to see you. Let me go with you to the city."
"Maybe when you are older you can come find me. But I don't want you to come with me now."
My dad comes into the cave and tells my mom "I can escort all of you to the city."
My mom asks "What about Nava?"
"What about her?"
"You need to take her home where it's safe."
"And leave you unprotected? I'm not gonna do that. She can come with us."
"It's not safe."
"She can handle herself."
"What do you mean by that?"
"She got away from a mercenary."
"You let her out of your sight?!"
"Yeah. I was saving us from more mercenaries."
"How could you?! She's eleven!"
My parents continue arguing. This is the first time I've really heard my parents arguing. I'm getting worried when all of a sudden my dad collapses on the ground and falls unconscious. My mom quickly rushes over to him. She says "He's badly injured at his stomach. I need something to stop the bleeding!"
Some of the other people quickly rush around and get something to tie around his stomach and stick it up. Now I'm really worried about him. After stitching and bandaging my dad my mom wets a cloth and puts it on his forehead. She takes his bag and weapons off. They lay him in a more comfortable position on the floor. They are too busy taking care of the injured and my dad to notice me taking my dad's sword and scabbard. I try to put the scabbard around my waist but it's too big so I leave it on the floor. I take his sword, it's a little big but I manage to hold it with both of my hands. I sneak out of the cave with his sword and start walking around the forest. I can kill some of the mercenaries and make the town safe for my mom and other people. Make sure they build up some walls for protection or something else. Then when my dad is feeling better we can go back home. I'll prove everyone else wrong. They won't be able to look at me as a kid anymore. I can get people to stop being afraid of me and my Half Silvanesti, Half Human self.

*Picture at the top of the chapter is one of the Silvanesti horses*