When The Last Teardrop Falls

The priest stood behind the podium. He pulled out a piece of paper and started to read. 

"Friends. Family." he started, "We are all gathered together today to mourn the loss of Louis Tomlinson..."  taking a moment, he put the paper away, "...I really don't need this." he continued, "Louis was a great man. Always bring joy to those around him. He was a wonderful brother and son. He was an amazing singer, also. He cared so much for his band mates. He cared to much for his fans..." he took a pause of composure, "..He was just amazing. I don't think there are words to describe the kind of person he was, other than special. Louis was special. His life was cut short. Ended too soon. Not by the fault of anyone. It was just an accident....an accident we all wish didn't happen. Now this is the time...if anyone would like to say something, feel free to come up." 

The first one up was Simon. 

"I watched these boys grow." Simon started, "From solo artists, to being thrown into a group, I watched them. I was with them. I had faith that they would be big one day, and they did. I knew it. I saw all the potential in theses boys, and all that they still had in them to give. They were special. I knew. Never did I think they didn't have talent. I knew they did. Never did I think...that I would have to be standing here saying goodbye to such a talented young man. He had a really big heart, one that matched his smile. I didn't know that I would never be able to congratulate him again.  I've seen a lot of artists in my time, and Louis was special. They all are. I knew it from the start. I just didn't know that this is the way I would have to say goodbye. I just want to say goodbye Louis. You made me so proud. I wish I had another moment to tell you. I do know, you are already missed." 

The next one up was Johanna. 

"Louis was my baby." she said with tears, "He grew up all too fast. One moment he's eighteen and I'm taking him to X Factor, then he calls me from his tour bus at twenty telling me he'll be home soon, to the phone call from Liam in the hospital telling me he past away. My baby was here and gone. No mother should have to go through this, but it wasn't anyone's fault. I didn't get to watch my baby grow the way I wanted to. He left home at eighteen, and never came back. Of course he stopped in on occasion, but none of them lasted long enough. I know he had a commitment to keep and fans to entertain, but I really wish I could've held him one more time. I shouldn't have let go, but he wanted to sing. His siblings and I loved hearing his music and watching his shows. Sometimes though, I wish we could've taken him home. His sisters and I missed him. He was an amazing big brother. We just wanted around more. All I know is that he had a pretty awesome life. I just wish it hadn't ended yet. He had so much more in his future." 

There was a moment of silence as the priest took the stand again. 

"Anyone else?" he asked, breaking the silence. 

Liam raised his hand and took the stand.

"Louis. What can I say about Louis?" he began, "He was an amazing friend. I couldn't imagine how One Direction would have turned out if Louis wasn't in it. We accomplished so much together. Louis was such a big part in our lives, and now he's gone. I'm really going to miss him. Goodbye Louis." 

Niall went up next.

"Louis was an amazing person, friend and brother. Yes, I've a brother of my own, but Louis...he was another one. All the lads became my brothers. We did almost everything together. We traveled the world together. We got use to saying goodbye to each other because we knew it wouldn't be the last time we saw each other. But this goodbye is the last one. I know it's not, but I feel this is my fault. I was the one who hung off the cliff first, and Liam pulled me back up. I feel if I hadn't done it, I'd be able to say more goodbyes to Louis. But I can't. So I give him this one. Goodbye Louis."