Fuck Modest!

~Two Weeks Later~

Niall, Liam and Zayn had decided to let Harry have his space. They continued to interview and tour without him. It didn't feel right, but they knew the fans needed them and wanted them back. They had to change both Harry and Louis' solos by each taking on those parts. It still didn't feel right, but they didn't want to let the fans down. They hadn't had any contact with Harry since the night they left him, and they were starting to get worried. Liam tried to call Harry, but couldn't reach him. 

"Let me try." Niall urged, dialing Harry's number into his phone. 

There was no answer. 

"Wait a few seconds and I'll try to call him." Zayn added. 

"I'm really worried about him." Niall sighed, locking his phone. 

"We all are, mate." Liam agreed, "Why won't he come back to us?" 

"He can't get over Louis." Zayn explained. 

"Why not?" Niall asked, "We did."  

"I agree," Zayn sighed, "but even we still talk about Louis everyday. If Harry were here he wouldn't be able to focus if we talked about Louis."

"Even we aren't fully 'over' Louis," Liam added, "but we figured out how to cope with it. Harry can't find that. He can't cope without Louis." 

"Again, I ask why?" Niall sassed. 

"He loved him." Zayn replied. 

"So did we." 

"Yes," Liam agreed, "but not like Harry. Harry LOVED him. Louis was his other half. He doesn't remember a world without Louis. He will probably never go back to being 'Harry'." 

"There's more." Liam sighed, thinking back to the deal he made with management. 

"More?" Niall asked, confused, "What 'more' is there?" 

Liam lowered his head and tried not to answer.

"Liam..." Zayn demanded, "...what do we not know?" 

"I made a deal with Modest!." Liam wined, realizing he could've prevented this, "They picked me to keep Harry and Louis seperated. I had to stand between them in pictures, sit between them in interviews and keep them apart in music videos. They paid me a little extra to keep them apart. I didn't want to do it, but they threatened firing me. So I figured them seeing each other was enough...but it wasn't. They both begged me to let them be together. I couldn't do it. I kept them hidden. Louis got sick of trying and gave up. That's why he denied that they were together. He got use to not being with Harry..." 

"I'm guessing Harry didn't?" Niall asked. 

"...no." Liam continued, "He cried every night. He begged me to let them be together, and I let them sometimes. I tried to make it subtle, but the fans figured it out. Modest! threatened me again so I stopped and never let them next to each other again..." 

Zayn couldn't put all the peices together. "Then how did they--" 

"I couldn't take it anymore." Liam continued, knowing what Zayn was going to ask, "I hated tearing my best friends apart. I didn't care they were gay, Modest! did. I went to them and begged. I told them if they let Harry and Louis be together they could cut my pay down..." 

"You let them do that?" 

"Anything to get Larry back together." Liam sighed, "I wanted the lads to be happy and they couldn't be if I kept them apart." 

"So that's why they moved back in together?" Niall asked, finally understanding. 

"If Modest! still had a say in it they wouldn't have." Liam smirked, "Modest! told me they weren't going to cut my pay because they wanted me to keep them apart. So I theatened to expose all of their secrets through tweets. Not obviously, but just enough so fans could figure it out. They know our girls and didn't want to take that chance. If the girls had figured it out, they would have lost everything. So they allowed them back together, once I explained how much they loved each other. When I told the lads they were extatic. The next day, they moved back in together." 

"Then Louis..." Zayn added, changing the mood. 

Liam closed his eyes and nodded. "It's my fault." he sighed, "If I had let them be together, Louis wouldn't have been so egar to show off for Harry and wouldn't have..." 

There was silence.

"Liam..." Niall tried comforting, "...it wasn't your fault. It was Modest!" 

"I agree." Zayn added, "Louis would not blame you for any of this. It was all Modest! They've wanted to stop Larry from the begining." 

"I bet this made them happy!" Niall growled. 

Liam started to cry. He continued to blame himself, even though he knew it wasn't his fault. After a moment he threw his phone at the wall and screamed. "Fuck Modest!" 

~*~