It Will Never Change Me and You

The boys were all regretting this day. They didn't want to believe it was true. But just as Niall tightened his tie, reality hit them like a ton of bricks. 

"Ready to go boys?" he asked, sadly. 

"I am." Liam answered, slipping on his suit top. 

"All set." Zayn said, opening up the door. 

"Is Harry coming?" Niall asked, grabbing his keys off the hook. 

"I think he is driving his own car." Liam answered. 

"He needs more time to himself." Zayn shrugged, "This hit him really hard." 

"Alright then," Niall continued, throwing his suit top over his shoulder, "lets go." 

"Harry!" Liam called, "We are leaving." 

"Yeah," Zayn added, "we will meet you there." 

There was no response. Liam looked at Zayn. Zayn looked at Niall. Niall just shrugged. 

"We have to go." he whispered, "they wont wait forever." 

Liam and Zayn agreed following Niall out to his car. Their favorite picture of Louis sat on a side table and made Niall's eyes fill with tears as he shut the door behind him. 

~*~

The sound of Niall, Zayn and Liam driving away filled the air. Then the house grew silent once more. Moments later, Harry slumped down the stairs. Carrying his blazer over his shoulder, he tried to dry some of his tears onto his shirt, but they just kept falling. His eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep and non-stop crying. He walked over to the table were the picture of Louis stood. More tears fell the closer he got. The picture was surrounded by flowers and letters from the fans that wrote how much Louis was going to be missed. Memories ran through Harry's head as he stared at the shrine. Laying right in front of the picture was a paper marked 'Louis, My Love'. Harry slowly picked it up in his hand and tucked it into his pocket. He turned and walked to where his keys were hanging. Dangling from them were two keychains. One said 'Oops!' and the other 'Hi'. They were keychains the two had bought for each other to keep on their set of keys. However, now that Louis was gone, Harry had moved the 'Hi' keychain to his set of keys. Now it hangs right beside his 'Oops!' keychain. Harry held the keys tightly in his hands and headed towards the door. He opened the door and began to walk out, when something stopped him. He turned around and smiled just a little bit at the picture of Louis. 

"Goodbye, my love." he whispered, with a crack in his voice, as he shut the door behind him. 

~*~

Harry cried all the way to the cemetery. Just when he thought the day couldn't get any worse, the radio came on. He didn't want to listen, but he couldn't help it. 

"Good morning everyone..." the radio announcer started, "well at least it started that way for most of us. However, I have just received word that the One Direction lads have had a horrific couple of days this past week..." 

A lump grew in Harry's throat. 

"...Last week, the lads had gone for a hike to wrap up their break before staring tour again. This trip was quickly cut short as member Louis Tomlinson was rushed to the hospital in critical condition..." 

Harry bit his bottom lip. 

"...Louis spent a few days in hospital with the lads by his side. Sadly, this did not last long. Louis past away from his injuries a few days later, with mate Harry Styles by his side..." 

Tears filled Harry's eyes. 

"...Today, we were informed that the lads are heading out to say their final goodbyes to Louis. This is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to read. Now, Directioners this must be a very hard time for you, but if you would like to take a moment and send your thoughts and prayers to the lads, you can call in or leave a message on our web page..."

Harry gritted his teeth. 

"...To the lads of One Direction. Niall, Liam, Zayn and Harry: Our prayers are with you boys through this hard time. We have a song coming up to remember this wonderful lad. Mr. Louis Tomlinson, this one is for you..."

Tears poured from Harry's eyes as the first notes of Night Changes started to play. More memories flashed through Harry's head. Before he knew it, Louis' solo started. 

"...Chasing her tonight, doubts are running round her head. He's waiting, hides behind a cigarette. Heart is beating loud and she doesn't want it to stop..." 

The sound of Louis' voice warmed Harry's heart a little. He hadn't heard Louis' voice since the day he past away. It was nice to hear it again but, as fast as it started, it was soon over. He completely spaced through the rest of the song until he heard his own solo and began to sing along. 

"...We're only getting older baby, and I've been thinking about it lately. Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes? Everything that you've ever dreamed of, disappearing when you wake up, but there's nothing to be afraid of. Even when the night changes, it will never change baby..." he decided to change the lyrics just a little bit, "...it will never change Louis. It will never change me and you." 

As the song finished he pulled into the parking lot of the cemetery. They had decided to do this outside, because they knew that's what Louis would have wanted. Harry pulled in behind Niall, who was parked behind twenty other cars. They had all carried people who loved Louis and now had to say goodbye. Harry was last. As he got out of the car, he spotted the place they had picked out for Louis. He slipped on his blazer and met up with Niall, Zayn and Liam, who were all standing around Louis' coffin. Harry wanted to cry more the closer he got , but he didn't have any tears left. However, his heart still had some more breaking to do. 

"Hey, mate." Liam greeted, seeing the pain in Harry's eyes, "You alright?" 

"No," Harry answered, "but we can't keep them waiting." 

The lads took a moment and hugged. They could all feel each others pain. The group hug felt empty with only four people, but they still managed to look strong. After the hug, Zayn and Harry went to the left side of the coffin, and Liam and Niall took the right. They all turned in one direction, towards the group of family and friends, and lifted the coffin off the ground. Their matching striped ties, in honor of Louis, blew in the breeze as they walked. Their hands shook as they carried the coffin, knowing that their best friend was inside. The group of people all began to sit down and watch as the four, heartbroken band mates, placed the coffin on it's bars. 

There were four chairs in the front row that sat empty, waiting for the boys. After they let go of the coffin, they took another group hug, which somehow felt even more empty now. The lads then took their seats and waited for the priest to start.

~*~