Part 11

Y/Ns POV
———————————————-
We walked around the town and the next thing you know, it's time for Varían to go. I offered to send him off in a carriage but he turned me down, saying that he had a friend in town who could give him a ride back (I made him show me). Finally, when he was ready he slung his bag into the back of the cart and turned to me. I rocked on my heels.
"So this is goodbye"
Varían smiled so, "yeah, but only for a little bit" He shifted his weight when he asked me, "hey, would you want to come down and look around old corona? I feel like I owe you a tour of my place"
I grinned, nodding my head.
He hopped into the cart. "Cool! So, I'll send you a letter?"
I walked up to the cart and pecked his cheek. "Yeah, that sounds great"
I blinked, surprised at my own forwardness, then sprinted down the road waving.

Varían's POV
———————————————-
She was walking up to the cart, got close to my face and kissed me.
.
.
.
.
Ok, not exactly, but it counts right? A kiss on the cheek? Ugh. I fell into the hay in the cart after sending a dazed wave back to Y/N. My friend driving the cart chuckled. "Who's that?"
I threw a fistful of hay at him. "None of your business, Leo"
The light coming from the lantern sends a shadow over his face. "Oh, this is the thanks I get for giving you a ride home? Fine, if you wanted to walk that bad-"
I threw more hay at him and he laughed.
"How'd you meet her?"
I explained the collision and everything after (except her ability and the sleeping situation). He nodded thoughtfully, listening to the night sounds. I laid back and watched the stars flicker, creating constellations. Oh! I'd need to tell Y/N about them, she would love them! I saw the lights of the town inching closer and took a deep breath. It's good to be home. Leo handed me my satchel.
"So, why do you like her?"
I slung it over my shoulder and readjusted my goggles.
"What's not to like? She's beautiful, she's innovative, kind, adventurous, not to mention an amazing dancer, and she-"
I heard my door open. I flinched, pointed behind me and turned.
"So, you met a girl?"
It was my dad.

Y/N's POV
———————————————-
I spun around my room in excitement.

Did I just kiss him?!
.
It didn't count
.
But it was a kiss!
.
On the cheek
.
Did he not like it?
.
I don't know, ask him when he invited you
.
What if he doesn't?! Did I mess up?
.
Ugh.
I threw open my balcony doors and felt the cool breeze hit me. I smiled, drinking in the sounds of the town at night. I heard something scratch a balcony post and saw Rudiger.
"Hey there buddy! How are you?"
I picked him up, setting him on the edge with me. He curled up and nuzzled me. I heard a knock on the door. It was Raps. She sat down next to me and gave Rudiger a piece of fruit. While he nibbled on it, she gave me a package with the name VARÍAN on it.
"The laundry got finished early. Is Varían here? I was looking for him, but couldn't find him"
I groaned. "He just left. Guess I'll have to take it to him tomorrow "