Scene 4

INT. CAR - LATER

Rose drives through a boring suburb. It is a giant maze of houses that all look exactly the same: small and cheap. They are essentially boxes of plaster placed side by side with a door and a garage door separating them. As she passes by houses, the occasional person can be seen doing typical suburban things like watering lawns, walking dogs, or jogging.

Rose sighs.

ROSE
Nothing's changed.

EXT. CAR - CONTINUOUS

This is Sun City, AR. An average desert suburb with nothing noteworthy to speak of. Everything looks exactly the same. The houses all have pools, patios, and boring people.

As the cars continues down the road it comes to an intersection. It takes a right.

The car drives for several seconds until it suddenly slows down and then turns into a driveway. Off in the distance a golf course can be seen.

The car stops. Rose opens the door and gets out. She pops the trunk. She slams the door and approaches the trunk. She removes a large duffel bag and then slams the trunk as well.

Rose walks up to the door and rings the bell.

Beat.

Right as she reaches to ring again the door opens, revealing an old woman holding a guinea pig, Cline. It's the other old woman from the pictures.

Beverly (70), called Bev. She wears a house-dress. Her hair is long and gray, but healthy none the less. She is a giant of a woman with a stoic face. The only noticeable thing about her clothing is the necklace around her neck, chain getting lost in the folds. At the end of the chain is a gold cross with a single diamond in the center.

ROSE
Hi Bev. How you doing?

BEV
Well you best come in. There's a lot to do.

Bev turns and walks away from the door.

Rose sighs and then enters the house closing the door behind her.

CUT TO: