Scene 9

INT. LIVING ROOM - LATER (NIGHT)

Bev sits on the couch with a TV tray in front of her holding a plate of food on it. Cline sits in her lap eating little pieces of broccoli that she feeds him. Sitting right next to her is Rose with another TV tray and a plate. Other then the TV, they eat in silence.

Several seconds go by.

Breaking the silence . . .

BEV
Your grandmother knew, you know?

ROSE
What?

BEV
She knew what you were.

ROSE
Excuse me?

Rose eats faster.

BEV
She didn't mind. I wanted you to know that. She 
forgave you.

Bev fingers the necklace.

ROSE
What I am?

BEV
She didn't hate you or anything.

ROSE
(hopeful)
For being a bartender?

BEV
Oh, she hated that you were a bartender. Said you
were wasting your life. But that's not what I mean.
You know.

Rose finishes the last bite of food, stands up, and takes her plate into the kitchen.

INT. KITCHEN - CONTINUOUS

The kitchen is a small box. It has an old fridge, a small table with four chairs, a sink, and an oven with 4 burners on top.

There are dishes wrapped in newspaper everywhere.

Rose enters the kitchen. She throws her plate into the sink, shattering it. She opens a cupboard, revealing nothing but the bottle of vodka. She grabs it and storms out of the room, leaving the cupboard open.

CUT TO:

EXT. BEV'S HOUSE - SECONDS LATER (NIGHT)

The front door opens, revealing an angry Rose. She stomps out of the house and slams the door. She opens the bottle and takes a long swig. She writhes at the shitty taste.

She looks at the bottle.

ROSE
Fucking off brand.

She takes another swig.

Rose looks at the car, considers it, then storms past it towards the golf course, disappearing into the night.