chapter 2

The guy just sat there, smelling her neck. Ash sat there, frightened and unable to move until he took a deep breath

"Wi-will you please let me go?" her voice was so quiet she didn't know how he could hear her but he growled a little and looked at her but still held her tight.

"You're mine, I'm never letting you go" she didn't think his grip could get any tighter.

"Pl-please. You're hurting me" that seemed to get his attention and he looked into her eyes with his forehead scrunched together and let go of her still placing his hands lightly on her waist

"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean to hurt you" he rubbed his hand up her cheek and stroked it

"I need to get to class" She knew she couldn't get where she needed to without veronicas help. She tried to push his arms away but he wouldn't budge.

"What's your next class?"

"Umm... she struggled to have some wiggle room to get to her books that were squished against her stomach. He took them from her and found her schedule. PE

"You'll be skipping it. You're coming home with me" He gathered up the rest of her stuff and started dragging her with him. She was too shocked to be nervous and pushed him away.

"I can't miss any class and I'm definitely not coming home with you"

She walked out of the door and started going down a random hall. She came to a bathroom and hid in the stall, in tears. Her father would have had her head if he got a call that she was missing classes and for sure if she went home with a random guy.

"Ash?" She heard Veronica's voice and quickly wiped her tears away and walked out of the stall but was surprised by arms surrounding her.

"What did he do to you? Why are you crying?"

Why was she more worried about what he was doing to me than what happened in the classroom.

"Nothing, just scared me" Ash tried to smile.

The bell rang and interrupted their conversation. Veronica walked ash to the gym and then waved and left to her next period.

Ash hated gym. She didn't want to change into the uniform, afraid it would show off the bruises on her legs. Luckily, it takes a couple of days to get her size and the teacher let her just wear what she was wearing. She was hiding in the corner when she saw scary guy walk in. she heard a couple of girls whisper "cole" and assumed that was his name. She preferred scary guy. He scanned the gym until his eyes landed on her and started walking towards her. She had nowhere to go and just stood there. Ready to scream. The teacher started calling out names, her and cole were on separate teams and she let out a sigh of relief. Scary guy turned to the teacher and they just stared at each other and the teacher turned a little pale and stated that cole would be on the other team and he had misspoken, it was ashes turned to be a little pale. 

Dodgeball. She wasn't very graceful and definitely couldn't dodge anything. She saw a ball something a little too late and stopped, just watching it. She sat there with her eyes closed ready for the impact but nothing hit her. She opened one eye to find a huge shadow. Cole.

He had caught the ball and was glaring at the kid that had thrown it. When he threw it back, the kid went flying and hit a wall and had to be taken to the nurse. "Stupid humans" he murmured.

She wanted to ask what that meant but got distracted when a ball hit her in the head. She sat there for a minute wondering what had happened, it didn't hurt. Just shocking. The teacher came over immediately and put the boy who had thrown the ball in detention and had insisted she sit down and wait out PE. Ash insisted she was fine, even though she hated PE she didn't want to be playing favorites. She was arguing with the teacher when she was lifted off the ground into someone's arms and started walking away. She gasped.

"Put me down!"

"No, you're going to the nurse"

"I'm fine, it was a small hit, I've had worse" She shut her mouth after that when he looked at her sharply. She didn't know why it came out, she didn't know why she kept running into him

He sat down her down on a bench and sat next to her

"What do you mean you've had worse?"

"No-nothing. I shouldn't have said anything" She watched his eyes turn black

"Let's go"

He stood up, grabbing her hand.

"Where are we going?" she didn't try to stop him, she already knew it was useless

"Home"