Chapter 3

Ash sat there in his car quietly admiring the black and gold interior. She had always loved fancy cars. They didn't speak as they drove and Cole never let go of her hand. She felt tingles going up her arm. She should be scared, she was scared earlier. But now, she felt tired, she was tired of fighting. If he was gonna kill her maybe it was a good thing. Then she would be free of her father, that's all she wanted. To be free.

She didn't notice the huge mansion that cole drove up to. He had pulled into a garage and put the car in park. She only came back to reality when she felt a hand on her cheek and the tingles that followed.

"Come on, we need to talk" He got out and walked around to the passenger side and help open the door. A gentleman she thought. No. She couldn't.

When she walked through the door she gasped. This was the biggest house she had ever seen and it was gorgeous. Cole chuckled and brought her closer to him.

"Youll have all the time in the world to explore my love," and kissed her forehead.

She pulled away from that.

"I am not your love. I don't even know you." She came back to her senses. She was going into a strange house with a strange guy and didn't even question it. Before he could say anything, she was running for the door and she almost made it. He caught her and shove her against the door. How could he be so fast she thought.

"You are mine. You will always be mine"

"I am not a possession"

"Don't make this hard, I will tie you to a bed and keep you there." her eyes widened at that.

Cole hated threatening her but he wasn't letting her go. She was human, fragile. Needed extra care. With that thought, he remembered why they were here at all.

He picked her up and carried her upstairs while she struggled. He sat on the bed and just held her. She eventually got tired and stopped struggling. She didn't know where she got these random bursts of courage but they weren't her.

"Tell me what you meant at the school" He demanded. Once again, the courage she had never had returned. She raised her chin "None of your business"

He growled at that "and what is with the growling? Are you a dog? Take me home. I am not a possession. I have people that will look for me"

Cole just stared at her until he started smiling. She was feisty, she seemed timid at first but she had some spark. He was glad his human mate could stand up for herself.

Cole smiling at her infuriated her. She hated being laughed at. She once again attempted to get up out of his arms.

"There's no use, little one, I will always have you in my arms"

She started to cry. It was only her first day and she had been kidnapped by a guy that seems bipolar. The tears seem to get to him.  "Baby, I'm sorry. I just need to know what you meant. I don't want you to ever get hurt."

"I'm not your baby" she hiccuped

He sighed. "You are, you just don't know it yet. I promise to take you back to school if you tell me."

She considered it. Tell him her deep dark secret or go back to school. Either way, her father would find out, she had left school and with a guy, she knew she was doomed.

Her stomach growled in the awkward silence. "You're hungry" That was a good subject change. The clock said 12:15. Her lunch hour had started 15 minutes ago. She hadn't had anything to eat in a few days. "I'm not. I'm fine"

"You are not. Look at how skinny you are. Unhealthy. Let's get some lunch." He stood up, still with her in his arms.

"I can walk you know"

He chuckled. "I like carrying you." and that was that. No more discussion about her walking. He sat her on the counter and pulled out ingredients for a sandwich. He worked in silence. She was hoping if she was quiet enough, he might forget about her being there. He handed her a sandwich.

"Eat"

She picked it up and took a small bite and that was it. She felt full.

"I said to eat" His eyes had gotten back to their normal blue but were turning black. He needs to get that checked she thought, though why she cared, she didn't know.

An idea came to her that should help her get back to school, WITHOUT telling Cole about her dad.

"I will eat half of it if you take me back to school"

She saw him thinking about it, she knew he hadn't forgotten about her comment but she hoped he would just give it to her. After a few minutes of him deciding, he nodded yes.

"Half a sandwich"