chapter 6

Ash silenced her alarm quicking afraid to wake her father up. Her body burned and was so sore she could barely move. She decided she was going to stay home today, she wouldn't be able to hide the bruises today and she knew people at school would ask questions. Especially the big jerk who had kidnapped her yesterday.

As soon as she heard her father get up and leave she  worked her way to the shower. The hot water helped with the sore muscles and helped her mind become clearer. Her mind went to Cole and she was shocked at her body reaction. She wanted to be close to him and have him protect her, she didnt know why but she knew he could help her. What if he judged her? Thought she was worthless like her father? A sense of fear filled her she couldn't risk it. She just needed to wait it out.

Ash had been in bed for a couple of hours when her phone dinged from an unknown number

Where are you-veronica

At home. Felt sick today.

Cole is so on edge. I heard he kidnapped you. What happened??

Ash sighed knowing she wasn't going to let it go even though she had only met her.

I'll tell you later when I come back to school

She hoped that would keep her satisfied for today. When her phone didn't ding she put it on silent and fell asleep.

She woke up to the door slamming and hearing her father stomp around, she held her breathe praying he thought she was gone and wouldn't come into her room. She heard him stumble around "hes drunk" she thought to herself. She heard him slam his bedroom door and let out a small breathe. She needed to get out and breathe.
Ash quietly slipped out of her bedroom and heard her father snoring. She moved slowly down the stairs and out the door. She walked into the woods behind her house ignoring her body screaming in pain. She walked lost in her mind and realized a couple of minutes later that she didn't know where she was, she froze when she heard someone or something behind her.

She turned slowly, hoping it was a bunny or something and screamed when she saw yellow eyes staring at her between the trees, she backed up when the wolf started walking towards her. She kept walking backwards until she hit a tree. She closed her eyes and just slid down just accepting her end, and when she felt warm breathe on her cheek and squeezed her eyes tighter her arms tight around her. Her eyes flew open in surprise when she felt a tongue lick her neck. She came face to face when a giant wolf.