chapter 7

The wolf just stared at her. Blue eyes staring into her green ones and ash swallowed hard trying not to move afraid the wolf would eat her. The wolf dropped his head and whined, putting its nose on her cheek the soft fur tickling her. Ash raised a shaky hand and put on the wolfs neck and had a warm calm feeling come over. The wolf closed his eyes and laid on her lap seeming content, ash giggled unable to help herself. "Youre not like other wolves, others would have eaten me" the wolf growled and seemed to bury further into her lap while she scratched his head and behind the ears. "What should I name you? What about fluffy?"

She giggled when he snapped at her hand playfully "okay so no to fluffy.  What about Fenrir? Meaning God of wolves" the wolf raised his head and licked her making her laugh. Shes laughed so much tonight much more than she has in the last 5 years. That thought brought her back to reality and she had to push the tears back. She rolled up her sleeves to look at the bruises and almost screamed when the wolf stood up and growled. Ash started shaking again when fenrir started licking her arm where the bruises are, his tongue was rough but the bruises seem to be healing while he licked it. She stood up, praying the wolf wouldn't follow her. But as luck would have it, the wolf followed her until she got to the edge of the woods and then stopped watching as ash went into the house.

Ash quietly stepped into the house, hoping her father would stay asleep and let her get into her room without any trouble. She closed her bedroom door without a sound and got into her comfy pjs that consisted of sweatpants and a small t-shirt that had a cupcake on it, it was the last thing her mother gave her before she died. She went to close her blinds and saw the wolf still at the edge of the woods, she felt uncomfortable and then kind of laughed at herself, who cares if the wolf saw stuff? It wasn't another human or guy who had seen her naked or all the bruises. She remembered how the wolf had reacted to the bruises on her arm and wondered if he had seen the other bruises, she shrugged, what could the wolf do? She didn't notice the bruise on her arm where the wolf had licked had disappeared. She fell asleep, dreaming of fenrir.

She woke up to her father banging cupboards and doors downstairs, he never expected her to be here at this time as school started an hour before he decided to get up and she held her breath hoping he thought she was gone.  He heard his phone ringing and him yelling at someone about how the forms were suppose to go out yesterday and heard him rushing around and running out of the house. She hopped into the shower enjoying the quietness and the hot water, she spent about 40 minutes in the shower before moving back to the bed, turning on a movie and hoping the school didn't contact her father.

She had fallen asleep during her movie and woke up to her phone ringing. Veronica. She sighed, and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"
"Hey girl!? Where are you"
"Im at home, im still not feeling well"
"Cole is freaking out. He's been demanding i give him your phone number"
Ash almost stopped breathing, he couldn't come here, she wanted nothing to do with him.
" did you give it to him? Please tell me you didn't give it to him"

I gave him your phone number but only cause he was so intimidating, im sorry, I didn't think you would mind. veronica laughed a little. "Im sorry" as she said that, her phone beeped with an unknown number and she knew instinctively that it was Cole. She sighed again "veronica I have to go, I think this is cole calling me, thank you for checking on me"

"Girl! Come to tomorrow, don't make me come get you" veronica hung up before she could say anything else. 

Just let it go to voice-mail she said to herself but something held her back

"Hello?'
"Where are you?" His husky voice sent chills down her spine and she chided herself for her reaction.

"Who is this" she smiled to herself just imagining steam coming out of his ears.

" you know who it is, where are you?"
"Im sorry. I dont talk to strangers" she didnt know where all of this sass had come from.
"Damn it Ash, where are you?"
"Im at home" she was done teasing him she suddenly felt tired even after her nap.

"Im coming over" that woke her up and she shot up from the bed.
"Like hell you are" she got out of bed
"I'll be there in 5"
"How do you-" he had hung up before she could finish her question. Fear gripped her. What if her father came home to find him here? He would kill her and possibly him.