There Goes the Bride

Chapter 1-There Goes the Bride

**Ellie’s point of view**

Remember how in Romeo and Juliet their parents had this argument and it even reached their children who fell in love and in the end they died? My life is like that, minus the dying. And instead of parents, it’s with my grandparent, my granddad to be specific.

He and this other irish guy with the last name of Horan used to be rivals in the market until one day my granddad lent money to old Horan when he was broke and saved his business. They became really close friends since and promised each other that their kids would marry each other as soon as they turned 18 in symbol of their friendship. Might seem really ‘olden times’ like but that’s what happened. Sadly, both their kids were male and even if my granddad had 2 more children, they were all male. Horan tried another time but turned out to be male as well. Then came the next generation of kids and there I was, a perfect baby girl and the Horan family tree had a new baby boy. My mum was American though so we moved to the States and I’ve never met this boy I was supposed to marry until I was 18. We moved back to Ireland and I was to marry the boy I have never met before. Of course, me being the hard-headed, free-spirited person that I am, ran away on the day of my arranged marriage. I mean, really, the only thing I knew about him was that his name was Niall James Horan. Nothing else. So I ran away to live with my cousin in Cork, Ireland for a few weeks. My mum knew where I was and kept it secret since she understood how I felt. After a few weeks, about 3 or 4, I found out that the boy I was engaged to had entered the X Factor and got into live shows. So with that in the way, the wedding was canceled and I came back home. That was year 2010.

Now it’s the year 2012, I’m 20 years old and living in London, looking for a job. My passion is photography and I was terribly broke. Because you see, being a photographer, there was no stable income. It was always a one time, big time type of thing. Once you hit the jackpot you did and that would provide for you for a few months, maybe years with little side jobs until you’d need another big load of money to support yourself again. That was my life. And right now, I was in need of big cash and was ready to jump into anything that would give me that.

“You know what Jake, I completely forgot to ask you who I’m working for, mind telling me now?” I ask one of my closest friends as I rested my feet on top of the table, leaning back on the chair I sat on. I was waiting in the conference room of some studio.

I know I’m pretty stupid for signing a whole year contract without even reading the contract but that’s how I was and not to mention desperate. Besides, Jake was a good friend of mine, he always had my back and I knew I could trust him with my life. So when he told me the pay for this job I just grabbed the contract from his hands and signed and shoved it back at him and thanked him thousands of times. The pay was bloody good.

I could finally pay rent. The thought of that left me wanting to jump up and down.

“Uh….let’s just wait ‘til they get here yeah, Ellie? Little surprise for you,” he replies with a wink and I roll my eyes at him. “And fix your bloody hair, don’t you ever brush it?!”

“Nope,” I reply nonchalantly, popping the ‘p’.

“You and your hipster ways,” he sighs, running a hand through his hair.

“I’m fab and you love me,” I joke, giving him a sweet smile and batting my eyelashes at him.

To be honest Jake was pretty good looking. Scratch that, he was really good looking. He had a square jaw, a fine nose, hazel eyes, and light brown hair. He was tall too, standing at 6”1. But I never looked at him as a lover since he was more of a brother to me.