1.8

Key
Kuchiki=Captain Kuchiki
Kuchiki san= Rukia Kuchiki

Kuchiki pulled his zanpakuto back as he gathered his pink petals, ready to deliver the last strike to the fallen Ryoka protecting the prisoner.

"Whew," Jushiro said after grabbing the Captain's wrist, effectively stopping his attack. "Close one. Pretty dangerous." He nonchalantly comments. Despite being sick, Jushiro still had strength to hold a Captain off. "Why don't we leave it at that, Captain Kuchiki?" He subtly warned.

"... Captain Ukitake." Kuchiki san whispered, surprised at her Captain's arrival.

Behind Jushiro, Hajime and Shunsui arrived. Both of the men analyzed the situation, taking into account the health of Jushiro and the safety of Kuchiki san.

"Captain Saito and Captain Kyoraku." Kuchiki san acknowledged.

"Hey there, Rukia!" Jushiro smiled, "It's good to see you." He saluted, "Are you all right?"

Shunsui waved, and Hajime nodded at the young shinigami.

"What are you doing here, Captains?" Kuchiki coldly, but still polite, asked.

"Well, I could ask you the same thing." Jushiro countered, "After all, releasing a zanpakuto in a place like this is a first class offense, even if it's to repel a Ryoka. What were you thinking Kuchiki?" He scolded his younger colleague.

"The wartime exemption allows the unrestricted use of zanpakuto." Byakuya said monotonously.

"War exemption?" Jushiro turned to his friends, "And you didn't tell me this?"

"You never asked."

"Hehe, we forgot."

Hajime and Shunsui, respectively, replied at the same time.

"Has the Ryoka infiltration gotten that bad? Are they the ones who killed Aizen?" Jushiro worriedly asked. After finishing the question, the group felt a massive spiritual energy.

"I doubt it," Hajime answered the last question, catching the attention of Shunsui who noticed his answer and suspicions. "But there's your answer." He sarcastically replied to the first question.

Shunsui and Jushiro must have heard him because the man received a hit on the head and a glare from them.

"What spiritual pressure is this? Clearly, it's at the level of a Captain, but I don't recognize him at all." Jushiro commented, staring up at the sky with concerned and amazed eyes.

Hajime glanced in the direction of the spiritual pressure, not effected in the least by it. "I believe he is the leader of this whole mess." Hajime commented.

A black and orange blur shot up and lands on the walkway. The teen that appeared had striking orange hair and a medium sized build. He wore the normal shinigami garb and on his back was a massive sword.

The tense moment immediately turned it a sitcom as Kuchiki san and Strawberry verbally fought.

Hajime turned to Shunsui, "Want to stay over at Squad 9 for dinner?"

"Hmm?" Shunsui hummed, turning his attention to his younger friend. "we'll need to get Shiro chan too...."

Hajime and Shunsui continue to casually talk about dinner plans while the Ryoka argue, and Jushiro and Kuchiki are watching. The two men are pulled out of their conversation when they feel Kuchiki's noticeable spike in reiatsu.

The group wordlessly watched Kuchiki and Strawberry battle. However, what surprised them most was the sudden appearance of an old friend.

Kuchiki was about to use his shikai. He was in the middle of the activation when gauze wrapped around Kuchiki's zanpakuto, effectively halting his release.