Chapter-7

"Mom Dad finally you are here," Avni hugged Aayesha and Ashish.

"Yes beta we missed you so much. Omg aren't you ACP Neil Khanna, " said Ashish looking over at Neil who was standing behind Avni.

"Yes" he replied.

"I've heard a lot about you," said Ashish and hugged him. "You are doing a great job beta. Your parents must be so proud of you," he added further.

Neil quickly wiped a lone tear which escaped his eyes but Avni had already noticed it.
She had felt the pain in his eyes which he was carrying with him.
_______________________________________

Avni was walking towards her room when she saw Neil sitting in the garden looking at the sky which was full of bright stars.

"Kitne huye," she asked him while making herself comfortable beside him.

"Kya?" he asked in confusion.

"You were counting stars right, toh kitne huye?" She asked.

"I wasn't counting stars," he sighed looking down.

"Why were you upset in the morning?" she asked.

"You noticed it?" he asked her in surprise.

"Oh come on Avni Mehta ki nazron se bachkar kuch bhi nahi ja sakta," she said while raising her imaginary collars.

Haan hasi ban gaye
Haan nami ban gaye
Tum mere aasmaan
Meri zameen ban gaye (x2)

He smiled looking at her. She looked no less than a princess, high and regal with an aura of natural grace enhancing her appearance.

Haan hum badalne lage
Girne sambhalne lage
Jab se hai jaana tumhein
Teri ore chalne lage (x2)

It wasn't only beauty instead it was much more than that.
Oh hell, she was way out of the normal league.

Har safar har jagah
Har kahin ban gaye
Maante thhe Khuda
Aur haan wahi ban gaye

She felt contended when he smiled at her, it made her heart flutter with joy.

Her heart skipped a beat when he looked at her with that boyish grin on his face.

"I lost my father when I was 5 years old. Mom didn't ever made me feel his absence. She took care of me, made me capable. Wherever I am today it's just because of her. But I miss Dad I wish he was here with me," he said, his eyes glistening with unshed years.

"Hey, he's always with you in your heart," she squeezed his hand asurring him.

Pehchaante hi nahi ab log tanha mujhe
Meri nigaahon mein bhi hai dhoondte wo tujhe

He could witness genuine love and care for him in her eyes.
With the moonlight falling on her face, she was truly looking like an angel sent from the heavens above, sent for him.
Yes, only for him.

Hum the dhoondhte jisey wo kami ban gaye
Tum mere ishq ki sar-zameen ban gaye

He hugged her. Avni was too shocked to react but the hug gave her an amazing feeling, difficult to describe but enough to hold on for long.

Haan hasi ban gaye
Haan nami ban gaye
Tum mere aasmaan
Meri zameen ban gaye (x2)

The night went by with two souls whose hearts were beating for their newly found love.
_______________________________________