Chapter-9

She didn't know why but she had a feeling that he would come, she wanted him to. At many times she had witnessed the unspoken pain in his eyes and about yesterday she was sure that something was bothering him.

It was only few days before she had met him but it felt as if she had known him from years.

Avni stood on the stage in front of the crowd. She looked towards the heavens and thanked him.
Whenever she sang it was a routine for her to thank you he one who inspired her.

Rehna tu pal pal dil ke paas
Judi rahe tujhse har ik saans...

She took a deep breath and started singing. 'He won't come,' she thought.

Khud pe pehle na itna yaqeen mujhko ho paya
Mushqil si ghadiyan asaan huyi ab jo tu aaya

Her hopes were going down just as the sun which was setting on the horizon.

Ik baat kahun tujhse
Tu paas hai jo mere

Seene se tere sar ko laga ke
Sunti main rahun naam apna
Seene se tere sar ko laga ke
Sunti main rahun naam apna

Then as if God granted her wish she saw him coming from the back of the stage. He was singing with that voice which could melt anyone.

Oh likh di tere naa' jindadi zaaniye
Bas rehna tere naal ve zuriye

Talking about Neil, he was enjoying the shocked expressions on her face.

Rehna tu pal pal dil ke paas
Judi rahe tujhse har ik saans

He didn't want to shout on her but his anger had overpowered his mind. His mind was telling him not to sing but his heart wanted him to love his dream, his passion once more and the time he chose to listen to his heart.

Seene se tere sar ko laga ke
Sunta main rahun naam apna
Ho naam apna

Throughout the song he was looking at her while Avni was doing her best to avoid him.
_______________________________________

He knew where she'd be at the moment and he was right. He found her sitting under the stars.

It was their place, a place where they both shared their innermost turmoil with each other.

She wiped away her tears when she felt Neil behind her.
He pulled her closer to himself such that her back was touching his chest while his hands were in hers as he draped a quilt around them.

"You want to know why I shouted on you?" He asked breaking the silence.

She nodded while tilting her face sideways so that she could have a better view of him.

"8 years before I used to sing. Singing was my passion, I couldn't think of my life without it but Mom was against it. She wanted me to become a police officer and live a settled life.
I agreed because I didn't want her to feel bad. It was my responsibility to keep her happy because Dad was not with us.
So I left my dream, my passion but.... the hollowness is still present.
Sometimes I feel I should have spoken to Mom about it but I never tried because I didn't want to go against her wishes.
You know Avni I tried to keep myself away from you because I didn't want the memories to overpower my mind but I couldn't.......
I couldn't keep myself away from you. But I think I should move on from my past because now it's too late to make any ammendments."

Neil was feeling better after sharing his past with her. He didn't want to hide anything from her because he knew that she won't judge him like others.

Avni kept her hand on his arm. "Neil it's never too late, you should talk to your mom. You are so passionate about singing perhaps even more than me, she'll definitely understand you."

"And if she doesn't agree then maybe you should ask her the reason," she added further.

He smiled at her. He felt lucky having her in his life.
'Avni I don't want to lose you. I'll confess my love to you as soon as possible.'

"I never thought I could become a singer," she said breaking the silence.

He looked at her only to find her looking at the sky with moist eyes.
"There was as singing competition in my neighborhood. I wasn't interested but my friends insisted so I had to go.
Then there was a boy, I heard him sing. His voice had an unexplainable pain.... I didn't know why but I felt a strong connection with him. It was instant. I went towards him.... but he was gone.
But his voice was etched in my memory, I couldn't take it out of my mind. Then I decided that I too want to become a singer."
"He made me realise my dream, he inspired me," she whispered.

Neil was spell-bounded after hearing her. She was definitely out of this world.
She was an ocean of happiness and tranquility devoid of inhibitions and hinderances.
In today's world there are only a few people who can actually understand the pain of others and surely Avni was one of them.

"So have you met him?" She heard him say.

"Unfortunately not yet," she replied, sadness clearly visible in her eyes.

"Hey look over there a shooting star....
What's your wish?" He asked, his gaze fixed on her.

"To just meet him once." She smiled looking at the shooting star.

"Tujhko main kitni
Shiddat se chaahun
Chaahe toh rehna tu be-khabar"

************************************
How was the chapter? 🤔

Don't forget to vote and comment.😁

🎶💙