Epilogue

Few weeks later

She got down from the car with a smile on her face. It started pouring heavily while Avni went into the restaurant not before taking in the outside view.

The rains, the climate, the surroundings all reminded her of him but he was not there with her. Well atleast she thought that.
He couldn't because of the mission which he had taken recently.
Their journey was no less than a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs but what remained constant was their never ending love for each other.

She wasn't a huge fan of parties but she had to attend it for the sake of her friend Priya.

Saari raat aahein bharta
Pal pal yaadon me marta
Maane na meri mann mera

As she entered, she saw a huge crowd standing in a circle. She went towards them and next what she saw made her shocked to the core.

Thode thode hosh madhoshi si hai
Neend behoshi si hai
Jaane kuch bhi na man mera

There he was, her life with a  guitar in his hands singing, while his gaze was fixed on hers.
She forgot to blink her eyes, fearing that he might vanish into thin air.
'Is it a dream? Am I hallucinating?' she thought.

Kabhi mera tha par ab begana hai ye
Deewana deewana samjhe na ho…

He stood up and started moving towards her.

Kabhi chup chup rahe
Kabhi gaaya yeh kare
Bin poochhe teri taarife sunaya yeh kare

As the distance between them decreased her heartbeats started racing.
He took her in his arms as if ensuring her that he was really there in front of her.
'Ok it's not a dream,' she sighed inwardly.

Hai koi Haqiqat tu ya koi fasana hai
Kuch jaane agar tto itna ke
Yeh tera deewana hai re
Mann mera, maane na mann mera

"You are here...." She cried while tightening her grip on his shoulders. She let her tears fall from her eyes.
He broke the hug and cupped her face while brushing away the tears with his thumb.
"Don't cry, I'm here with you," he ensured while kissing her forehead.

"Hey you both, go get a room before we witness something that we shouldn't." Priya's voice brought them out of their la-la land.

"So you were also involved in this," asked Avni.
"Umm..yeah," Priya grinned sheepishly.

"You took away my friend, Neil. I hate you for this," she complained d like a child.

"You took my best friend, DD so I took yours in return. Tit for tat baby...." he winked at her.
____________________________________

"Here, take it," she said while handing him a cup of coffee.
Neil smiled as Avni made herself comfortable on his lap with her legs circled around his waist.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

"That you were coming," she replied as her hands worked their way up in his dense hairs.

"I wanted to give you a surprise buddhu," he smacked her forehead playfully.

"Huh.. you called me a buddhu, go now I won't talk to you," she tried to get up from his lap but Neil's reflexes were quicker than her.
He held her hand and pulled her such that she fell on his lap. He held her by her waist and made her sit comfortably.

"Don't even try to," he warned and kissed the corner of her lips making her smile.

"Awww Neilu you are so cute," she pulled his cheeks lovingly.
How much he had missed this. How much he had missed her.

"Rains," he stated while looking at the view in front of them.

"Mmm... I've started loving them more cause I've found you," she snuggled closer in his arms.

"And now I don't hate them because those memories have become my strength just because of you," he smiled and kissed her forehead marking her as his.

***************The End*******************

Thank you for reading !!❤️

Hope you enjoyed this book!!!😊

🎶💙