twenty one

twenty one

warnings: underage drinking, swearing, mentions of rough family situations, adoption, and breakups, but lots and LOTS of fluff. like there's so much fluff guys, get ready!

Stiles

"It just showed up there on my keyring this morning," I shouted. Scott was right next to me, but if I'd talked in a normal tone it would've been drowned out by the music. "I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it"

"It's just a key, right?" Scott furrowed his brows.

"Yeah, but it's not mine. And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?"

"Uh..." My gaze traveled over the loft, landing on the painting station where Valerie had escaped to. Ironically, her all-black outfit made her stand out in the sea of color and light. She was painting blue rings around her wrists, her face adorably scrunched up in concentration as she tried to keep them as straight as possible. The purple streaks in her hair glowed in reaction to the UV-light, and her studded belt cast sunspots all around her. She looked stunning.

"It can wait," I decided. I had explained most things to her earlier, but there was still stuff we needed to talk about, a thing I wanted to clear up, and a question I wanted to ask.

Scott nodded, a knowing smile playing on his lips, and I made my way through to crowd towards Valerie. She noticed me as soon as I arrived beside her.

"Hey," she said. When closer to her face I noticed she had also painted a blue heart on her left cheek, just like Harley Quinn.

"Hi."

"The girl who does the painting is kinda busy with someone else right now-"

"No, It's not that. Actually..." I tried racking my brain for appropriate conversation starters, but my mind kept going back to that burning question I had wanted to ask Valerie for almost a year now. I guessed she'd be more likely to answer it now than she'd ever been, and if she didn't I could just move on with the conversation.