Chapter 2

Dahyun looked around the area from where Taehyung and her ate. She is genuinely furious at how he indirectly asked her to treat him for lunch when they only have known each other for an hour.

"Where the hell is he?" She said as he blew her hair off her face. "I ought to teach that prick a lesson. I can't believe I even gave him my name." Dahyun paused on her tracks, eyes wide open. "What if he uses my name to scam other people as well?!" She voiced out, feeling completely worried and alarmed of the thought of Taehyung fooling her again.

After an hour of finding Taehyung, Dahyun gave up and headed to a coffee shop where her friend is at instead.

"So you're telling me that you were able to follow that boy who bumped into you, you gave your greetings to each other, ate lunch together and he left without paying for his own food?" Chaeyoung summarized what her good friend had told her.

Dahyun nodded and took a sip of the water that Chaeyoung was drinking. "I tried to look for him but I couldn't find him. He's a good runner after all." She replied. Remembering their encounter a few hours ago.

"Knowing you, you probably would kill him the moment you see him again." Chaeyoung chuckled, finding her friend's situation amusing.

"If I ever see him again, I will not hesitate to kick his ass and give him a good beating." Dahyun said with her eyebrows furrowed.

Taehyung took a deep breath before entering the university he attends. The semester is just about to start tomorrow but he cannot wait for his last year in college to end.

"Here goes nothing." He said as he opened the door to the faculty lounge.

"Kim Taehyung?" Professor Park, a good friend of his father, recognised him right away.

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock as he did not expect to see his dad's good friend who left the teaching profession years ago. "What are you doing here? I thought you—"

"I'm gonna be honest with you. Your father asked me a favour to look after you. He gave up on convincing you to stay with him. But that doesn't mean he does not care about how your life will turn out." Professor Park said, gesturing Taehyung to take a seat in front of him.

"You're telling me that he asked you to spy on me." Taehyung scoffed and opened the door to leave.

"Your father has already arranged your requirements. You just have to attend your classes and do your best." The professor said, trying to stop Taehyung from going out.

Taehyung turned to face him and smirked. "He still believes that I'll take over the company on his behalf?" He shook his head in disagreement. "I don't want to live under his control. I don't want to leave under the control of someone who broke my family." He slammed the door and headed out.

Dahyun went back to the apartment near her university. It has been months since she's been here yet it still feels like home.

"Good Morning Miss Song!" She greeted the apartment's caretaker.

"Oh. You're back early Dahyun!" Miss Song walked down the stairs, putting the water sprinkler that she used to water the plants, aside. "I thought you were going to come back by night time."

Dahyun beamed a smile, feeling happy to see the motherly caretaker once again. "I have to organise these newly bought books." She replied, eyeing the stack of books she is carrying.

"Okay then go on and do your thing. I'm going to clean your front door neighbour's room." Miss Song said as she opened the empty apartment.

"Oh? Why? Did he leave for good?" Dahyun asked, startled at the empty room before her.