Chapter 10

WARNING: Smut.

Taehyung tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as he licked his lower lip, feeling awkward with how awfully quiet the atmosphere is between him and Dahyun.

Glancing at her, he saw that she is staring outside the window as she fiddles with her fingers.

He knew that Dahyun felt awkward, given that they had a huge argument earlier this morning.

Letting out a sigh, Dahyun's attention shifted to Taehyung who is now focusing on the road, acting as if he did not just glance at her a few seconds ago.

Dahyun cleared her throat, trying to break the ice between them.

"I wasn't able to apologise for being late earlier." She said, looking at Taehyung whose eyes are still on the road before them. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again." She continued, feeling like an irresponsible employee.

Taehyung let out a chuckle. "I'm used to seeing you being late." He replied, smiling at the thought of Dahyun's tardiness.

Dahyun forced a smile, thinking about that time when she came in late in her class and seeing Taehyung waving at her from the very back seat of the classroom.

"About your father......" She said, trying to open up about how she wasn't able to give her condolences to him.

Taehyung's smile disappeared as he remembered how much pain he had to go through back then.

"I'm sorry for not being able to send my condolences to you. I hope you're coping well." She continued, pursing her lips.

"How did you know?" Taehyung asked, surprised at how she is aware of it.

"Jungkook told me." Dahyun said, causing Taehyung to feel jealous upon hearing his stepbrother's name.

"I'm okay now." He said, not lying about the fact that he feels relieved that his father is finally in a safe place, with him not suffering in his continuous medications anymore.

Dahyun let out a deep breath, feeling bad that she wasn't by Taehyung's side when he was at his lowest.

"I guess we're here." Taehyung said, waking Dahyun from her thoughts about him.

Dahyun nodded, removing her seatbelt as she prepared to head out.

Taehyung stopped the car, surprising Dahyun.

"Wait. What are you—"

"Let me help you bring these to your place." Taehyung said, grabbing the pile of papers Dahyun is holding.

Dahyun sighed as she grabbed her things back from Taehyung. "No need. Let me." She said, feeling bad that he already took her home and now he's offering to help her with her things.

Taehyung grabbed the papers from her as he locked his car. "We also need to talk." He said, walking ahead of Dahyun.

"Wait what?" Dahyun asked, grabbing Taehyung's shoulder to stop him from walking.

Taehyung paused on his tracks as he looked back at Dahyun who seems surprised at what he just said.

"We haven't properly talked. What we had earlier was another argument." He said, wanting to finally clear up things between them.

Dahyun closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. "Kim Taehyung." She said, giving him a glare.

"We cannot fix an argument with another argument. Let's talk. We both know we haven't resolved anything at all." He continued, desperation apparent in his voice.