Chapter 7

WARNING: Mild smut.

Jungkook asked Dahyun to eat somewhere quiet, away from people as he does not want to wake up tomorrow morning with his face all over the internet.

He smiled, relieved that the chicken and beer place that's quite near Dahyun's place is filled with no one but its owners.

"I'm close with the couple who owns this place since I always get chicken delivered from them." Dahyun whispered, making Jungkook feel relaxed about the fact that his pictures won't be taken secretly as he spends time with Dahyun.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Jung!" Dahyun greeted them with a smile.

"Have a seat my dear. I see you brought your boyfriend with you." The 60 year-old Mrs. Jung said as she handed them their glasses and utensils.

Jungkook gave her an awkward laugh as he looked at Dahyun whose eyes are widely opened.

"No. He's not my boyfriend." Dahyun said, immediately denying the claim.

Jungkook knew what Dahyun said is true, but he can't forget how his heart hurt when he saw how she immediately denied it.

Mrs. Jung smiled as she nodded. "Whatever you say Dahyun. What do you want to order?" She asked, cheekily smiling at the two.

"The usual please." Dahyun replied, eyeing Jungkook who is looking at the menu. "Do you want something else?" She asked.

Jungkook shook his head as he closed the menu. "Just add some beer, please." He talked to Mrs. Jung.

"Do you drink?" Jungkook asked Dahyun who is looking at him with a sly smile.

"Jeon Jungkook. Aren't you going to drive back home? Why are you drinking?" She asked, not answering his question.

Jungkook chuckled. "My alcohol tolerance is high. Don't worry about me." He replied as he nodded at the woman who is smiling at them.

"I don't drink but this time I'll try." Dahyun said as she gave the menu back to Mrs. Jung who left to get their orders done.

"So, how does it feel like competing with various pianists from different countries?" Dahyun asked, pouring their cups with water.

Jungkook sighed, remembering how difficult it was for him to interact with people who are way older than him. "It's nice. I get to converse with people from different nations." He said, drinking from his cup of water.

"I heard that you're the youngest pianist to ever win the international competition." Dahyun said as she leaned her back against her chair.

Jungkook nodded, placing his cup back on the table. "Everyone else is at least 10 years older than me. It was very difficult for me to get comfortable with them." He replied.

Dahyun slowly nodded her head as she pursed her lips. "It must have been very challenging for you. I personally experienced your awkwardness with strangers back when we were little." She replied as she took a bite of the chicken that was brought to their table by Mr. Jung.

Jungkook smiled, remembering the times when Dahyun approached him when he was all alone during their piano classes.

"It was. But playing the piano has become my life. Strangers are no match for my love of playing the instrument." He replied, sipping his glass of beer.

Dahyun let out a smile, finding the right timing to ask him about the reason why he suddenly left.

"Jeon Jungkook." Dahyun said, stopping Jungkook from playing with the rim of his glass. "Why did you leave back then without saying goodbye?" She continued, looking at him with a serious expression.