Final

WARNING: Mild smut.

Jungkook anxiously looked around the cafe, patiently waiting for Dahyun's arrival.

He never failed to lose contact with her, as she kept him updated with how her life goes on.

Never did she tell him about her relationship with Taehyung though. And he knew that Dahyun was being wary of his unrequited feelings for her.

And he did not like it. He did not like how Dahyun is concerned over his feelings. He did not like it because he can't help but to flutter with how she is being considerate of him, when he should not be the least happy about it.

Getting over her is like an unsolvable riddle. He cannot simply ignore the way his heart keeps on longing for her.

She is the reason why he's playing the piano after all. She is the one who made him discover what he now cannot survive without. And she is the one whom he cannot live without.

But he knows. He knows that Dahyun will never see him that way. He knows that she's happy with Taehyung. And her happiness is what matters.

Seeing her walk closer to him with that beautiful smile on her face made his heart beat in a rhythm that he will never get used to.

A fool for Dahyun. That's what Jungkook would call himself. He is a fool for liking her with no chances of being with her. But he is content with this. He just wants to keep admiring her. Never did he expect her to like him back anyways. Now that she has someone else in her heart.

He took a deep breath, beaming back at her as he waved his hand.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Dahyun greeted upon sitting down before him.

Jungkook never knew his name sounded that good. Maybe because it was her who called out to him.

"You look better than the last time we met." He said, remembering how her eyes were filled with sorrow and pain during that day.

That day when he let out his unspoken feelings. And that very day when he decided to keep liking her in spite of who her heart beats for.

Dahyun let out a laugh that sounded like music to his ears.

"I'm better than ever!" She cheered, happiness now filled her eyes.

Jungkook cleared his throat, tearing up his gaze from her to the three pieces of paper he grabbed from his pockets.

"I'll be having a concert this Sunday." He said, placing the tickets on the table beside the cup of white chocolate coffee he ordered for her.

Dahyun raised a brow, wondering why he gave her three tickets.

"One is for me, the other is for Chaeyoung." She said, grabbing the tickets one by one. "And this one's for?" She asked, trying to think of who it could be for.

Jungkook chuckled, looking at her eyes that he loves most about her.

"That's for Taehyung." He said, causing Dahyun's smile to disappear. "I know you're back with him. He would not like it if you came there for me without his awareness." He continued, now smiling as he took a sip of his coffee that is way less bitter compared to how he feels.

Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows out of worry. She felt bad for him. She purposely did not tell him anything about her relationship with Taehyung because she knew that he likes her. She knew that he would get hurt.

And she despises herself for that. She hates how she's hurting him. She knows that he still has feelings for her. She knows him a little bit too much. She also knows that he is not expecting for her to like him back. That alone makes her hate herself even more.