Chapter 5

TW: Indirect mention of kidnapping, abuse, and rape.

Taehyung forced a smile as he entered the company. His father's employees are aware of his name, but never have they seen his beautiful face.

"What can I do for you?" The receptionist asked Taehyung, who is biting his lower lip as he taps his fingers on the desk.

"I'm here for an internship." Taehyung replied, earning a gasp from the lady before him.

"Are you Director Kim's Son?" She asked, her hand trembling as she regretted the way she passively greeted the boy in front of her.

Taehyung hesitated before nodding, seeing how things will turn out in the next four weeks of his stay here.

"Please follow me, Sir Taehyung." She said, heading to a room which Taehyung assumed to be the Human Resources office.

Taehyung took a seat as he looked at the woman whom she met in the coffee shop weeks ago.

"Your father is waiting in his office on the 57th floor". Secretary Lee said, handing pieces of paper to Taehyung. "Here are the names of the shareholders and the head of each department with their pictures." Taehyung furrowed his eyes as he looked at the unfamiliar faces printed onto the several pieces of paper laid down on the table.

"Isn't it too early for me to know these people?" Taehyung asked, wondering why he is given nothing but names, faces and departments to memorize.

"I'm supposed to be doing some assistance with the journalism department employees. I'm here as an intern. A requirement for my major." Taehyung clarified, knowing where everything leads as he eyes the secretary before him.

"I'm sure Professor Park has already informed you that you will not step out of here as an intern, but as a ceo?" Secretary Lee said, standing up as she opens the door for the both of them to head to his father's office.

Taehyung let out a sarcastic chuckle as he stood up and followed her. "Fuck this shit." He cursed, knowing that he is left with no choice but to follow his father's orders.

"Don't forget to get to know the faces on the papers you're holding. They all know you're coming here today." The secretary said as the elevator door opened when they arrived at the highest floor of the building.

Taehyung glared at her as he knocked on the door of his father's office.

"Come in." His father said, smiling as soon as Taehyung appeared on the other side of the door.

Taehyung was shocked to see a group of men and women in their 40's whom he met at a dinner before, the company's shareholders and department heads.

He plastered a fake smile on his face, controlling his anger at his father who is talking proudly of him in front of them.

"What a fucking fake prick." He thought to himself as he looked at his father.

Dahyun stacked up the paperwork that she has collected from the writers of the company that she's an intern in. "Done." She talked to herself, proud of how fast she accomplished the task given to her.

"What should I do next Miss Park?" Dahyun asked, being the enthusiastic learner that she is.

"Go and open that computer and look for the faulty parts written by our newly recruited writers." She said as she pointed at the leftmost computer in the room.

Dahyun nodded as she went to sit on the chair in front of the computer.

"Wow. This article is very complicated. It will be difficult to find errors here." She talked to herself as she scrolled down the screen.