Chapter 3

Y/N'S POV

  After I talked to Victor Stone, I was hopeful that he would help Bruce and me stop the war that was already here. Bruce and I needed all the help that we could get. We couldn't do this alone. Maybe if Diana were- No, no. I can't think like that. Not right now. It could cause me to get someone else hurt or killed.

  Before I met up with Bruce, who would either return with Barry Allen or no Barry Allen, I headed home. The second I opened the front door, Steve pulled me in for a kiss.

  I returned the kiss quickly before I asked him,"You were waiting for me to get here?"

  Steve nodded before he led me over to the kitchen. My face lit up at the meal that Steve had prepared for the two of us. Steve let me sit down first, and he sat down beside me. He talked to me, yet he kept looking at his watch.

  I asked him,"What is it, Steve?"

  Steve took my hands before he asked me,"Do you have a minute?"

  I nodded before I answered,"For you, Trevor, I do."

  Steve smiled and kissed my palms before he got up from his chair.

  He said,"We've been together for a long time, Princess, a very long time."

  I looked him in the eyes as I said,"I know that we have, Steve, and I'm grateful for that."

  Steve said,"You've watched my back when I've really needed you to, and you've never been afraid to do what you felt was right, just like your sister."

  Steve's eyes softened before he said,"Okay. I'm just going to say it. Y/N Prince, will you marry me?"

  I jumped on Steve as I yelled,"YES! YES!"

  Steve placed many kisses on my forehead, closing his eyes for a couple of seconds. Then, he opened his eyes before sliding the ring onto my finger.

  He rested his forehead against my own before my phone decided to go off.

  Steve gave me a kiss, and then he nodded towards the door, saying,"Go. I'll be okay."

  I quickly flew to where I needed to be as quickly as possible before Bruce stopped in front of me.

  He smiled at me before he asked me,"What are you smiling about?"

  I answered,"None of your business, Wayne. What are you smiling about?"

  Bruce rolled his eyes, and I said,"Okay, Batman. Steve asked me to marry him, and I said yes twice!"

  Bruce chuckled, and then he said,"Congratulations, Mrs. Trevor. Mrs. Trevor, this is Barry Allen. Barry Allen, this is Y/N."

  I shook Barry's hand as he said,"Hi, Barry, I'm Y/N."

  I laughed as Barry said,"That's not right. Great."

  I looked back at Bruce, and he was just staring at me.

  I said,"What, Bruce?"

  Bruce shook his head before he asked me,"Are you all right?"

  Bruce grabbed my elbow very gently, and I said,"I'm okay. I'm ready to do what's right."

  Barry said,"Oh! Awesome! That's the Bat-signal. That's your... Oh, shh... Sorry. That's your signal. That means we have to go now."

  Bruce said,"Yeah, that's... that's what that means."

  Bruce was still holding my elbow, and he noticed it, too. He let go of my elbow, but then he glanced at me for a couple of seconds before Barry and I followed him to the top of GCPD.

  Jim turned around to look at Batman, but then he noticed that Barry and I were here, too.

  Jim asked Batman,"How many of you are there?"

  Batman answered,"Not enough."

  I looked at the paper that was in Gordon's hands as he said,"Eight people abducted from or near S.T.A.R. Labs. Here's the potential perp."

  I said,"Parademons."

  Barry said,"Okay."

  I wanted to laugh at the face that he had just made, but I cleared my throat before I said,"The demons must have caught the scent of the Mother Box. They carried people away to find out what they know."

  Batman said,"So, the eight may still be alive."

  "Nine. The head of S.T.A.R. Labs was taken as well."

  I smiled at Victor before I said,"You made the right decision. I'm glad that you're here."

  Victor nodded to me before I said,"So then, there must be a nest nearby."

  Jim said,"I plotted all the sightings in Metropolis, Gotham. No pattern I can see. The lines on the map don't converge."

  Victor said,"On land. These lead back to Braxton Island between the two cities."

  Batman said,"Gotham Harbor. These are air vents. They all lead down to the tunnel for Metropolis Project that was abandoned in '29."

  I looked over at Batman as I said,"Then, let's go."

  When Gordon turned around, we left, yet Barry wasn't with us.

  I flew back to the building before I said,"You coming, Barry?"

  He said,"You guys didn't let me know."

  I smiled before I said,"I'll give you a heads-up next time."