Division 949

August 18, 2015
So here's when it got real. I shipped off from MGM (Montgomery) to ORD (Chicago) this day. Anxiety was through the roof! This was my first time flying and my first time being this far away from home. I was afraid to talk or anything because I knew they were watching. That last phone call upon arrival brought me to tears. I didn't know if this is what I wanted to do anymore to be honest. The way they treated us like we were going through an assembly line I couldn't believe it.
I can't go to much into detail about bootcamp, but it ended up being the BEST time I had while active duty. I love my sisters and brothers from my division and I wouldn't have done it any other way. My Chief, Chief Lee, best Chief at RTC hands down. People that don't even know what bootcamp is like make there own assumptions that people get in your face all the time, when that is not reality. I was in a performance division, triple threat. We had band, choir, and drill team practice every weekend. You know ya girl was in the choir singing soprano.
The worst part of bootcamp was me failing the prone float because of others grabbing on to me. I passed my swim on the first try, even though I had to do it with another division because I had a sinus infection when 949 did theirs. So, when my division did the swim I was in charge of making sure no one bumped their head on the wall. When I went back to redo the prone float I was so scared. I prayed the entire time I was doing that thing, and thank God they made us spread out. Only me and one other girl passed on the first go out of about 12 people. They made everyone else that wasn't doing it right get out the pool. I cried all the way back to my ship when I passed that thing. I was so happy, and I did not want to go back.
My Best Friend in bootcamp and A school was Calloway. This girl and I literally did everything together. I love all my sisters, but that was my dawg.