2: Management

I don't really like this chapter.. let me know what you think c:

Harry's P.O.V

  I replayed the voice mail  three times before it all sunk in. Darcy, the first girl that I had ever loved, was alive and well. And she wanted to see me again in two days time. I looked over at Niall, who was sleeping soundly of the big sofa we had here in the tour bus. Now that everyone knew about Darcy, I never expected her to show up only a day later. But, I was glad that I announced it, because now I didn't feel a whole burning in my chest from not telling the boys.

  I nearly fell off of my recliner when Paul came up behind me with a giant plate of nachos. Maybe I was a little on edge today, you know, finding out that one of your good friends had came back from the dead. Well, at least that's what it seemed like. Paul looked at me for a long moment like I was crazy, but I just smiled cheekily. Cheeky always works.

  "I'm getting a lot of Facebook messages concerning your interview yesterday." He grumbled, flipping through different channels on the television. Paul had been bugging me about the whole Darcy thing for the past twenty four hours, complaining to me that I shouldn't have made the interview so personal. But what was the point of an interview if I was just telling them unimportant things they already knew, anyway?

  "There's something else about that that I wanted to tell you." I said, feeling brave. Niall stirred beside me on the couch, a small spot of drool below his chin. He was always and will forever be a slob. Paul raised an eyebrow, finally setting on the sports channel. I closed my eyes, remebering her exact words in the voice mail. Was it wrong that I had it memorized?

  "She called. She's alive and wants to see me. Darcy." I said. I tried my best not to let even the smallest smile play on my lips as I said her name out loud, something that I hadn't done in forever and felt so good to say. Paul raised both of his eyebrows this time, muting the television. I hoped that he wouldn't say something witty and rude. Paul was a nice lad, but he sometimes could be a little too blunt for his own good.

  "Well, you're going to have to call Management for that one, buddy." He said, slapping me on the back. I stuck my tongue at him and stole one of his Dortitos, snatching my iPhone rfom the side table and dialing the main number for management, otherwise known as the people that controlled my every move.

  Oh sorry Harry, you aren't allowed to have that soda. It'll give you pimples.

  No Harry, you can't call your mum because you have to do a twitcam right now.

  Why?

  Because we said so.

  I held my breath as the phone rang. I wanted to go see her so badly, but I was afraid of what management would think of it. I once tried to date a girl who wasn't famous and they sent her tweets from my phone saying I didn't like her. The next day she wrote nasty things about me on my twitter page, and I will never forgive management for that. They've ruined a good part of my life, and they've stripped me of my freedom.

  "Hello, this is Donald O'Cleary, head Management of One Direction. Who am I speaking to?" A nasaly voice said on the other line. It was now or never, I had to get permission. I sucked in a big breath of air and let it out with a giant woosh.

  "Don, it's Harry. I have a question." I said flatly.

  "Oh, Harry. Good to speak with you. Now, what is it you would like to discuss with me?" Donald asked. I could practically feel the grin spread across his face. Don was the most annoying person that I had ever met, and he was the main reason that I couldn't drink Moutain Dew.

  "Erm, you know about that interview the other day. Well, that girl, Darcy... she called me. She's alive, and wants to meet me. I was thinking I could meet up with her in two days at our next concert..."

  "Harry, dear Harry. I hate to burst your little superstar bubble, but we can't allow that. You're going to be extremely busy with signings in between concerts. Okay?" Donald said. I could feel my chin trembling, and a tear escaped my eye. I hated this. I wished that for one day, I could be completely management-free. I could go out and do whatever I liked, and not have my motives questioned by Donald O'Clearly, who believed that his life goal was to set up a list of rules for me and the boys. I could feel Paul and Niall staring at me, but I faced the window. I didn't want them to see me.

  "That's not fair." I finally said. "I should be allowed to see her. It's been two years." I said, my voice wobbling like some unstable old man with a cane. I heard Donald swallow something, probably bitter coffee, and he didn't answer for a long time. That worried me, put me on edge.

  "I'm sorry, Harry. In life we have rules that we have to follow, and we don't always get to do what we want. Now, I wanted to talk to you about track three on the new album..."

  "Not now, Don." I said, now feeling a sensation of anger and boldness. "I've got to go. Bye."

  I didn't wait for his response, because I didn't want to hear him. I walked into my bedroom without glancing at Paul or Niall's concerned faces and flopped on my bed. Finally when things started to be going in a good direction, they end up being the polar opposite. I wanted to talk to Zayn, because he was always good to talk to about this certain thing.

  The fame had made him extremely lonely at times, too. He always told me that management weren't looking to ruin us, and he used to example of over-protective parents guarding their children. But I was eighteen. I didn't need to be babysat. He also had trouble with him and Perrie's relationship. They were always rumoured to be cheating on eachother, and some days he wouldn't even come out of his room. Too bad he was across town at an interview right now.

  I closed my eyes and started forming different plans of how I could see her. Maybe we could skype? No, it wouldn't be the same.

  I knew what I had to do.

  I had to go and see Darcy Monroe.

  A/N: Commet, vote, and fan? c: Thank you for all the votes and comments from last chapter, and sorry it took so long for me to write this. I hope you all enjoy the story so far, there are many more chapters to come C;

  And also, this story is FICTION. Management aren't that rude and there is no Donald O'Cleary.