Uneasy Alliance

Field's family household, Inkopolis

Lila was worried, she hadn't seen Laven for a while.

Well in this case it was Kal not Laven, but still.

Apparently he had something he needed to do and couldn't bring her along.

Lila stared at her phone screen, reading the last message Kal had sent her.

"Don't worry, i'm coming back now."

Though it was only received a few minutes ago, Lila felt like hours had passed.

Even though she was worried, she wasn't about to run outside and possibly miss Kal's return, so Lila sat around waiting, impatiently tapping the coffee table as she waited.

'Why is he taking so long?!'

Many thoughts ran through her head, did he get into trouble? An accident? Did he get hurt? Was he in danger?

Those thoughts were interrupted by the mechanical sound of the door unlocking.

"I'm back!"

Lila, who had been worried for nothing, immediately perked up again upon seeing Kal.

Well she didn't actually see him.

"Laven!"

Lila felt as if they had been apart for months, she ran and embraced Kal at full speed, nearly knocking him off his feet in the process.

"Whoa! Easy there Lila."

"Sorry! You were gone for so long, I was getting worried."

'I was barely out for an hour.....' Kal thought, perhaps Lila was becoming too dependant on him.

It would be worth mentioning to Dr Asio.

Lila, who had her face buried in Kal's chest, looked up at him.

For some reason Kal had a sad looking face.

"Laven? You look sad, what's wrong?"

"Huh? I do?"

Kal didn't realise it.

He was still thinking about Octo Valley.

Victoria, Inker, Sky and Neon were all there, all his real friends, not whoever Deep or Aurip was.

"Yeah, is something bothering you again? Come on stop trying to hide stuff from me, i'm your sister!"

'No you are not,.' Kal wanted to say.

"Well remember how I said one of my friends was leaving town? She just did, maybe I'm a little sad to see her go."

Lila nodded

"Yeah yeah, saying goodbye is a hard thing to do, especially when someone moves out, since you can't see them as often as before. Don't worry, I'll always be here for you!"

Kal had to fake a smile

"Thanks."

It wasn't that he didn't like Lila's company, but rather because he didn't like the idea of being Laven forever.

Besides it was much more complicated than just seeing Victoria leave.

Would she really fit in with the rebelling Octarians.

And how would those Octarians see Inker and Neon? Both had splatted many of their kind.

Kal wondered how they were doing.