Preparations

Part 9: New Hatreds (Chapters 41-46)

Without Octavio controlling them directly and with the Calamari Inkantation pushing Octarians to think for themselves, Octo Valley became a powder keg waiting to blow. With Victoria's act of defiance from the regular Octarian army and Octavio's regime, Octo Valley explodes into civil war between those who support Octavio's old hatreds of the Inklings and those with newfound hatred for Octavio's regime. As Octarians begin fighting amongst themselves on a never before seen scale, Agent 3 can only hope that once the dust settles, his dream of unifying Inklings and Octarians may finally come true. As for Inkopolis, it is watching, rooting for one side but reluctant to enter, fearing the start of another Great Turf Wars.

Nautilus base, Octo Valley

"Acting Leader, we have a problem..." An Elite Octoling reported to Acting Leader Octavia

"You don't say! Send the rest of the 4th combat group to OVNB studios! Wipe out the 401st splatoon and the splatoon calling themselves the 'New Octopolis army'!"

"But ma'am, we've lost more Elite Octolings throughout the city, the ones that are leading our forces in the city are being picked off by someone, without proper leadership-"

"I don't care, send them in and pull the Elite Octolings back."

"Uhh, yes ma'am."

Octavia did not know who was taking out those Elite Octolings, but it didn't matter as long as she still held the advantage in numbers.

Sure the Octarian army lost so much talented Elites over the past year that they had to reform splatoons into company sized groups while removing the existence of battalions and companies. But they still had a numerical advantage.

The formation of the Octarian army was now an 'army' which consisted of several 'groups' each group consisted of 3 - 5 splatoons and each splatoon was made up of around 144 Octarians and lead by an Elite Octoling.

And with the increased losses of Elite Octolings, the size of a splatoon had been inflated to 300-400 Octarians by now.

'Even if the Elite Octoling was taken out the splatoon should still operate as normal' Octavia thought, but she was wrong.

This was bigger than what she knew.

Victoria and the rest of Captain Vale's splatoon weren't the only ones who were losing faith in Octo Valley's government, there were thousands more, all the Octarians who heard the Calamari Inkantation back when Agent 3 squared off against DJ Octavio started thinking for themselves.

The Elite Octolings were too loyal to Octavio to abandon him and there were still a lot of Octarians who were okay with DJ Octavio's regime, but there were others who weren't.

Those others never spoke up because they were afraid, afraid of what Octavia and the Elite Octolings would do if they stood up.

Now they didn't have to be afraid anymore.

It wasn't until later that Octavia finally realized this.

"Acting Leader, things have gotten worse. The entire 4th combat group appears to have defected from the army to join their compadres." An Elite Octoling reported.

"What the? Who was in charge of the splatoons? Of that group?"

"Unfortunately they were splatted, I did say that someone was picking off the Elites in the field."

Octavia was pissed.

Everything was falling apart so quickly.

This 'New Octopolis Army' might have more support than she thought.