Chapter 1: Ready to Go

I had been riding ever since I could walk, and there wasn't a day I could remember that i wasn't at the stables. I snap out of my day dream as I hear my mom shout to me from downstairs. 

    "Sofia! come finish packing up Bailey, were leaving in an hour!" I grab my phone to check the time. It reads 6:45. I pull on a sweatshirt and grab my suitcase.

    "Coming," I reply, I drag my suitcase downstairs and put it with the rest of my bags.

      "Sofia, go grab all of Bailey's tack and put it into the trailer please." My dad says to me as he pulls away to go hook up the trailer to his truck. Its early winter in Colorado, and already there is frost on the ground. The forecast has snow falling in a few days. I'm going to miss riding in the snow with Bailey, and miss the trail rides with my sis. I push open the barn doors, and smile as Starlight my sisters beautiful dappled grey pokes her head to say hello. I walked up to Bailey's stall, to see his sleepy eyed face turn as i open his stall door.

       "Hey, boy ready to go?" I say to him as i pat him on the neck. He just gives me a snort in response. I quickly gave Bailey and the rest of the horses some feed. My sister walked into the barn wearing a pair of ripped jeans, North face jacket, and her riding boots. I walked out of Bailey's stall and started to grab all of his tack together. "Hey Kylie, can you go take Bailey's new blanket, halter, and lead rope to the trailer??" I asked, as I grab my all-purpose saddle from the saddle stand and bridle.

        "Sure!" She gave Star a quick rub on the nose and turned to the tack room. Dad was backing up the trailer to the front of the barn, so I waited till he parked to put the tack in the trailer. He finally parked and opened i the door on the side of the trailer to relive the small tack storage area. I placed the bridle on its hook and set the saddle on the saddle rack below it. A few moments later, Kylie comes over and hands me the rest of Bailey's tack.

        "Thanks," I say taking the blanket and folding it to put in a box below the saddle rack. I keep the halter and lead rope on my arm as I head out to grab Bailey. 

        "Of course," she reply's and walks with my back inside the barn. " I already grabbed Bailey's saddle pad and boots." 

"Okay, thank you sis!" I say, as I open Bailey's door and slide the halter onto his head. I put his trailer boots on each of his legs and slide his old blanket on him, as it was quit cold outside already. I clip the black lead rope to his blue halter, and lead him outside to the trailer. I lead him in, tie him up, and walk out,  leaving the small side window of the trailer open. Bailey loved to look outside the window. We finish packing all of my things into the back of the truck, and I get in the car waving bye to my sister and my hometown.

[A/N thanks so much for reading, hope you liked it! i'm not the best writer, so sorry if there are some errors. Enjoy!]