Chapter 7: A Ride, Fall, and a Kiss

Brandon's P.O.V

I looked down as we walked to the stables. I don't know what she sees in him. We finally made it to the stables, and we hadn't said a word to each other since we left the café.

"So, you ready for school to start?" I ask tying to break the silence. Sofia lets out a slight sign and gives me her normal bright smile.

"Never, I'm enjoying this break before school. Course I really should get all my things ready and organized." She laughs a little as we walk down the stable isle. We chatted a little about our classes before we reached Spartin's and Bailey's stalls.

"Hey boy, you miss me." I said as I rubbed his nose before putting his halter on. As I opened Spartin's stall and lead him out, I had an idea. "Hey, want to go for a trail ride?" I asked as I clipped Spartin to the crosstie. Sofia clipped Bailey to the other crosstie and smiled.

"Sure, that would be great. Plus, Bailey can stretch his legs some to." She said as she patted Bailey on the neck.

We finished tacking Bailey and Spartin up, and head to the woods trail to the cross-country course.

"So, Liam, how'd you meet him?" I ask trying to sound subtle. Sofia looks at me weird, but then answers my question.

"He was in the flat work and showjumping group with me, he complicated my flat work and we kind of just became friends after..." she pauses for a second then looks at me again. "why?" I look ahead trying not to meet her eyes.

"No reason," I say. She looks at me and laughs a little.

"ha-ha, jealous much." She says as she laughs. I look down and try to hide my blush. She laughs some more, "don't worry you riding skill is much better than his." She says as she looks forward. I let out a little sigh. "race you to the course!" Sofia says with a smile, as she signals Bailey into a canter.

"hey, no fair." I say with a smile and do the same to Spartin. Spartin catches up to Bailey and I look to my right to see Sofia's face surprised as Spartin and I pass them.

"Nice seeing ya," I say waving to her and turning back ahead to see the opening path to the course. I continued to urge Spartin on, to make sure that we sustained our lead and laughed as I could hear Sofia laugh. I finally made it to the meadow the course was set up in, and slowed Spartin to a trot. The meadow was beautiful as the light from the sunset shown on the dew of the grass. Sofia came up beside me not a minute later and slowed Bailey to stand next to me and Spartin.

"This place is beautiful," Sofia says, looking around at the meadow. I look at her and smile.

"yeah it is," I say lingering my stair. She turns and looks at me, then smiles and laughs at me. I smile and look down trying to hide me blush. I look back at Sofia to notice her dismounting. "what are you doing?" I ask.

"Getting off, what does It look like." She says smiling at me with a little sarcasm. I smile and do the same. I'm suddenly jerked in a certain direction as I feel Sofia grab my hand and pull me in the direction of the creek that runs straight through the meadow. We reach the creek and stop at the edge. Sofia leans down and pulls off her shoes and socks, then smiles at me she steps into the creek. "come on, its great." She says as she gets a handful of water and throws it up in the air. I do the same and pull my socks and shoes off. We play in the creek for awhile and throw water at each other. Spartin and Bailey were happily grazing at the edge of the meadow. I look up to see the sky getting darker.

"We should probably start heading back, it's getting dark." I say starting to climb out of the creek. I lose my placing and slip face first into the creek. I sit up on my knees, to see Sofia laughing at me. She leans down to help me up but slips and fall forward on to me. I look at her and blush. "thanks for the help," I say smiling a little.