Chapter 8: Boy's & Sunsets

Beep*Beep*Beep*. I wake up to the sound of my alarm, at 7:30. I got up and took a quick shower. I got dressed in a white polo, and tan breeches, then I pulled my hair up into a messy bun. Today was the day, the teams would be posted, and it's the last day before classes start. Abby was still asleep, so I decided ill just let her rest. I pulled on my boots and headed to the stables. When I opened my dorm room door Ashlynn was just heading out as well.

"Hey, you ready?" she says, as we enter the elevator.

"Not, exactly, I'm kind of full of nerves." I say with a smile. She smiles back at me,

"I feel that," She said as we exited the elevator. We walked into the lobby and stopped as I ran into someone.

"Oh, sorry." I said looking up at who I bumped into. I looked up to see Reagan, she turned around to look at me.

"Ugh, its you" She said as she crossed her arms. "Can't you stay out of my way for like 2 seconds." She says then walks away.

"wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Ash said to me.

"ha-ha your telling me," I said laughing and we headed out of the dorm building and towards the stable. As we walk to the stables, I feel someone's arm wrap around my shoulder. I turn to see Liam's smiling face, and I give him a smile back.

"Nervous?" He asks with a smile. I give him a slight laugh,

"You have no idea," I say and the three of us all laugh as we reach the entrance of the stables. We all head to the tack room to see if any further details had been posted. There was a sheet of paper hanging on the bulletin board next to the door. It read.

Dear, fellow riders,

Due to the tough choices and the number of students that participated in tryouts this year, the coaches have decided to push back the release of the teams. Until further notice you will be participating in separate classes for your specific event.

Thank you for the understanding and hope your all doing well!

Sincerely, Grayson

The three of us, stood there in silence.

"Well, that's annoying." Ash says, heading to grab Star's tack. I decided to exercise Bailey later and just turn him out. I walked down to his Bailey and opened his stall to see him half asleep.

"ha-ha, good morning boy!" I say as pull the halter over his head and lead him out to the nearest cross ties. I clip him to the ties and then almost run into Liam as he walks over to us. "Oh, sorry I didn't see you." I say as I move out of his way.

"That fine, I was just coming over to help you." He says as he gives Bailey a pat on the neck

"Oh, ok? I'm just going to brush Bailey then turn him out." I say grabbing a brush from my bucket near Bailey's stall. We both brush Bailey and then once, we were done Liam grabbed Casper and we led the horses to the back paddock. I leaned on the fence as Liam closed the paddock gate, then he came up and leaned back aginst the fence.

"Well, guess there's a lot of good riders this year, for them to push back the release date of the teams." I say as I watch the horses graze.

"Yeah, it's kind of annoying though..." He says as he continues to stare towards the stables, then he looks down and smiles at me. I look at him and see him smiling at me and I laugh a little.

"what?" I say with a laugh. He laughs a little then turns to face the horses and continues to smile.

"I was just thinking..." He says as he pauses then looks at me. "Want to go get some Starbucks," He says as he stands up and faces me.