Halloween Murders

Halloween Murders.

It was a regular autumn day as I was walking home. I love everything about this season. The falling leaves, the chill in the air, the smell of bonfires. It all signifies that Halloween is around the corner. I smile as I pick a fallen leaf out of my hair and blow it away. My phone vibrates and I see its my best friend Audra calling.

“Hey Aud!”

 “Addison! Have you decided what are you going to wear on Halloween?”

“Not yet”

“Oh come on! We have to have a lot of fun!”

“I don’t know, do you think there will be celebration in school after Mrs. Montgomery’s death?”

“Ummm yeah, its not like she was anyone’s favourite teacher”

“Audra! That is mean!”

“What? You know its the truth”

“hmmm. Ok you come over to my place in 30 minutes, I will be reaching home by then”

“Ok”

I disconnected the call and hurried home.

“Hey mom!”

“Hi honey, how was your day?”

“So so, we had a special assembly for Mrs. Montgomery”

“Oh yeah, it was horrible how she died.”

“Yeah”

“This reminds me, you have to be extra careful this Halloween. You know the Halloween murderer will be on the loose again.”

I nod.

“I mean it, Mrs. Montgomery was the first one, so he is searching for his second and third victim as well”

“yes mom. In fact I was wondering if I should celebrate at all!”

“Why?”

“Mrs. Montgomery”

“Oh honey, you mustn’t stop enjoying your life. People will come and go, besides its been a week now”

“Yeah, you’re right”

The doorbell rang and I ran to answer it. It was my best friend Audra.

“Hey”

“Wazza!”

“Come on wee have to work on our costumes”

Soon the two of us were working away. Audra sat with a sketchpad as she designed a series of clothes for us.

“How about this one?”

“Seriously?  Catwoman? Cliche much?”

“errr then you give me an idea miss genius”

“How about something original?”

“What do you mean?”

I grabbed the notepad and started sketching feverishly. When I was done I showed it to Audra and she whistled softly. 

“I like it!”

“I know right?”

We hi fived and then Audra’s mom called. She had to hurry because everyone wanted their children in before the dark. You see that’s when the Halloween murderer strikes. Every year since the year Audra and I turned 11 there have been people killed during the Halloween season. The killings would start a week before Halloween and end on Halloween.