15. WELCOME TO THE WORLD

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
WELCOME TO THE WORLD

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:WELCOME TO THE WORLD

LABOUR SUCKED. Juliette and Ransom had been in the hospital for four hours now and Juliette was only five centimetres dilated. The contractions were painful and she just wanted her baby out of her. While they waited for her to become more dilated, the married couple started to discuss something they should've discussed weeks ago: the baby's name.

"What about Charlotte?" Juliette suggested. She was lying in the hospital bed, watching as Ransom moved around the room.

Ransom shook his head, stopping to look out the window. "Dated a Charlotte, it didn't end well. What about Sofia?"

Juliette's face scrunched up. "No, I knew a Sofia in school. It's a cute name, but she kind of ruined it for me."

"What about Natalia?" Ransom proposed, turning away from the window to look at his wife. "Kind of like the girl version of Nathaniel." He knew what family meant to Juliette. He also knew how much she missed her older brother.

The corner's of her lips curled upwards. In a way, it's like Nathaniel's legacy was living on through her. "I like that," she said softly, "it's perfect." She felt another contraction and winced in pain, catching the attention of her husband.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to get a nurse?" He questioned with an overwhelming amount of concern.

Juliette playfully rolled her eyes and waved him off. "I'm good, Ransom." Her mind drifted off to before her water broke and how she was going to tell Ransom she forgives him. She figured that now was a better time than any, seeing as after today they'd be swamped in the responsibilities that come with being new parents.

Ransom could tell something was on her mind. Her forehead was creased and she was fidgeting with her bedsheet. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"I forgive you," she stated clearly. She couldn't take her eyes away from her hands.

Out of everything Juliette could've said, Ransom was not expecting that. "What?"

A small smile made it's way onto her face as she laid her head to rest against the bed. Her eyes met his. "I forgive you," she said simply. "I won't forget what you've done, but I can't change the past. I'm working to accept that and I don't think I can do that without forgiving you first. And I've noticed that you've been less..."

"Of an asshole?" Ransom guessed.

Juliette chuckled. "Yeah."

Ransom moved over so that he was at Juliette's bedside. He smiled and slowly leaned down, his hand finding its way to rest on her cheek. He hesitated, scared that this was all a dream. Juliette saw this and reached up, pulling him closer to her by the back of the neck. They shared their first kiss in weeks. It was soft, full of love and passion, marking the moment as their new beginning.

━━━━━━━━

AFTER SIXTEEN HOURS OF INTENSE LABOUR, NATALIA JULIETTE DRYSDALE WAS BORN. She was perfect. Juliette never understood what mothers meant when they claimed that motherly love is like no other, but now she knew. The six pound human Ransom held in his arms was her whole world—they were her world. It felt like everything had fallen into place.

The door opened and in walked Juliette's mother in law. Her own mother was trailing closely behind her. "Juliette, you look radiant," Linda exclaimed as she entered. "Where is she?"

Juliette gestured over to Ransom. He looked up from where he sat. His eyes landed on his mother and he had to bite his tongue to stop himself from making a snide remark. "Mother," he greeted curtly. Though, they had spoken just a week prior, there was still tension between them.

"Let me see her," Linda demanded. Without waiting for Ransom's answer, she bent down and took the swaddled baby into her arms. "Oh, she's beautiful."

Mariah nodded, walking further into the room to sit on Juliette's bed. "She looks just like Juliette when she was a baby."

"Does she have a name yet?" Linda questioned.

Juliette nodded. "Natalia," she said, turning to her mother who hadn't been told the name yet, "in honour of Nathaniel."

Tears started to pool in Mariah's eyes as Linda placed the baby into her arms. "That's wonderful," she said softly, staring at her granddaughter in awe.

The door opened again to reveal Richard Drysdale. Juliette and Ransom shared a look before turning back to the scene in front of them. The woman who was previously filled with joy was now filled with rage as she stared at unofficial ex-husband. Linda's eyes narrowed at him. "What are you doing here?" she spat.

Richard moved further into the room and placed the bouquet of flowers he brought on a nearby table. "I didn't come here for you, I came to see my granddaughter," he said stiffly.

Linda's hands rested on her hips. "How did you even know Juliette was giving birth?"

"Juliette messaged Meg, who told Joni, who told the rest of the family," Richard explained. "Which, by the way, are all in the waiting room." He walked over to Mariah and asked to hold his granddaughter.

Juliette turned to Ransom, mouthing 'what the fuck?' to him. She didn't think the Thrombey's cared enough to come see the new addition to the family, especially after Ransom's arrest.

"Don't touch her!" Linda snapped as Richard bent down.

"We're separated," Richard said, taking the baby anyways, "you can't tell me what to do anymore!"

They pair continued to argue. Juliette motioned to her daughter and Ransom went over to collect her. He walked over to the bed and placed Natalia in her arms. They watched in amusement as Mariah tried to break up the fight between Linda and Richard. Moments later, the rest of the Thrombeys burst into the room with nurses following closely behind, shouting that there was a visitor limit and that they were being too loud. Soon enough, the once quiet hospital room was filled with shouting.

Juliette chuckled and stared down at her daughter. "Welcome to the Thrombeys, my love."