❝ morph ❞ - Y. GENTARO

REQUESTED BY: helvenue

❝ morph ❞ by suda keina

i want to somehow love
this everyday life
because there's not a single thing
that's constant

Enjoy Reading!

---------------

"Gentaro," you called out from the dining room, placing down the food tray across the other similar looking one on the table. Still not seeing his presence emerge from the bedroom, you called once again, "Gentaro, breakfast is ready!"

Once you saw the love of your life groggily walking out of the room, you sat down on the seat, smiling proudly as he seemed to be confused and surprised. He sat in front of you, scanning the content of the tray; it was a simple grilled fish, the right amount of rice, miso soup, a small serving of tamagoyaki, and a small serving of cut watermelons and mango, there was even a cup of green tea. Your tray held similar servings.

He was mentally beating himself up, trying to remember what the two of you should be celebrating—

"I woke up early and decided to try something new!" you said, smiling sheepishly, "since I got home so late last night we only ate instant ramen and we haven't spent much time together, it's the least I can do."

"I appreciate all these, [YF/N]," and he said that with sincerity. The gesture touched him a lot, "but isn't it too much? You might be late for work, too."

"I called in sick today, and it's raining so hard outside, I can't leave the warmth of our home," he chuckled at your joking statement as he stared at you with the softest gaze ever, "I want to spend this weather with you just this once."

"Thank you, [YF/N]." Not able to suppress his hunger any longer as the aroma of the freshly cooked steamed rice, the grilled fish, and the newly cooked miso soup wafted around the room invitingly, the two of you muttered soft prayers and prepared to eat. You waited for him to pick up his chopsticks and take the first bite.

"Do you like it?" you asked anxiously. Even if it was simple grilled fish, you'd hate to disappoint him, especially after he was looking at it with a hint of joy.

"No, [YF/N]," you felt all the confidence you previously had drain itself away from you upon hearing his response, "—I love it."

"Don't scare me like that!" you whined, earning a laugh from him. The two of you ate your breakfast in peace, exchanging stories and laughter regarding how each of your days went yesterday.

After finishing eating, he helped you take the dishes to the sink and helped you clean up as well.

Afterwards, the two of you sat on the couch on opposite sides, you were browsing on your phone for random things while he had a small notebook and a pen in his grip, thinking of ideas for a new book, although it was still blank, unable to think of ideas.

He kept glancing at you, as if hesitating to do something. A hint of longing lingered in his gaze.

Too absorbed with whatever you were reading, you didn't notice that he had already closed in on the space between the two of you, only noticing it when he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to him.

"Yes, Gentaro?" he only hummed, burying his neck on your neck.

"It's kind of cold," he said nonchalantly.

"Are you lying?" you asked with a light chuckle, putting your phone on the coffee table to circle your arms around his neck.

"Of course not," he responded almost immediately, lifting his head to look at you, a small pout on his lips, "Why would you think I'm always lying? That pains me, dear.ーAh, that was a lie, though."

"I know, I know..." you ran your fingers through his locks soothingly, making him lean his head back to your nape comfortably.

After a quiet moment in each other's arms, you were about to close your eyes to drift to sleep, assuming that your partner has fallen asleep.

"I missed you a lot, [YF/N]," he sighed out, "I really did."

You were surprised with this sudden, genuine confession of his. You rarely heard phrases like this from him. Most of the time you were the one to say this to him so hearing him say it made your heart skip a beat.

"I'm sorry..." you planted a soft kiss on top of his head, and he raised his head to look at you.

"You're here now, you even decided to skip work, don't apologize, dear." He said before planting a kiss on your cheek in return, "Even made the best breakfast. Thank you."

"Go back to lying and playing around," your voice cracked slightly, as if you were close to tears, "Making me feel soft and all is unlike you." He laughed, kissing the other cheek.

"No playing around for today." He said, letting out a relaxed sigh, lying his head on your shoulder, "I'll savor this rare moment with you."

This wasn't how you imagined the rainy day with him since you knew he had a lot of work to do so this was a touching momen for you.

"Sounds good to me." You tightened your embrace around him, closing your eyes to drift off to sleep with your lover, a contented smile curved on both of your lips.