❝ what can i do? ❞ - Y. SABURO

❝ what can i do? ❞ by day6

what can I do?
i’ve already fallen for you
you play games with me
but I like it
that’s just me

Enjoy Reading!

---------------

He always hated it whenever people treated him like some dumb kid. So in return, he'd show how he was an intellectually evolved person─a much more intelligent being compared to them, even if they were older than him, especially if it was Jiro whom he was facing.

Yet, why can't he do the same with you?

"Oh, welcome home, Sabu-chan, I'm here again~" you jumped up from the couch and greeted him first upon seeing him enter the house even before he could speak, patting his head gently despite him being significantly taller than you, "how's school? Ah, Ichiro-san is out on a job."

You grinned at the flushed face of the younger boy as he muttered a small "I'm home" while looking away from you, trying to keep his composure.

"Oh, Saburo. Welcome home," Jiro followed along, giving a shit-eating grin at his brother, knowing exactly what he's doing to him. Saburo looked behind you, where Jiro was, "[YF/N] and I are doing a pair work again."

"Ah, is that so?" Saburo spat in annoyance which made Jiro snicker. He glared at Jiro but his gaze softened like a puppy's when he felt your hand slipping off his head, his gaze following your hand that dropped back to your side.

"Yeah, so go scram to your room and leave us alone so we can start," Jiro made sure he emphasized that specific word, then making a shoo-ing gesture with his hand while another placed on your shoulder to spite Saburo further─which was a success.

"Ha? I'm pretty sure [YF/N]-san's the only one who'd work!" Saburo said, then soon his voice softened, almost inaudible, cheeks burning up, "I-I might as well stay here with you guys so I can help her out..."

Jiro felt proud of how much his teasing was affecting his little brother. He didn't even bother trying to come up with something against what he previously said. It felt like he was winning against him for the first time.

"Are you sure, Saburo? You should do your homework first, I'm sure you have a lot," you looked worried for him, while he took this as you pushing him away, which made his heart crack a little bit, "I can help you with that first, then help Jiro and I later?"

In Jiro's eyes, Saburo really seemed like a puppy. Usually, he's too slow to notice small things, but he saw how he brightened up at your suggestion, quickly recovering from his short moment of disappointment.

"What do you mean, [YF/N]? This guy won't need any help! He's a much intelligent being than us," Jiro said in a mocking way, which Saburo responded with a glare at him.

It was true, he didn't need any help but, he can't turn down this opportunity, nor can he even turn you down when you were grinning ever so prettily for him─just for him.

He gave you a shy look, then quickly shifting his gaze at everywhere but you when his eyes met yours, "I-I need help, [YF/N]-san, I hope you don't mind..."

"I don't, no worries~" you gave him another pat on the head in which he unconsciously leaned in to. His heart sank when you stopped, "go get changed and meet us here, okay?"