9

I place hands over my eyes when I wake up. It's too early and my head is already aching. Last nights drinking is just deciding to catch up to me. I clutch my pillow and roll over pulling it over my eyes in one motion. I lay there for a few moments trying to get back to sleep, but instead I swiftly flip over and hesitate to grab my phone. Calum is the type to make irrelevant drunk phone calls. My phone rests on the ground uncharged after I drunkenly stumbled home I clearly forgot to charge it. I snatch it from the ground and unlock it to find no missed calls. I cringe at the let down after holding such false hope. Calum has never gone this far when it comes to mistreating me and it pains me to know he hasn't tried to contact me. I slide out of bed and instantly feel nauseous; I dart to the toilet and within seconds find myself slouching with hands gripped to the edges of the bowl. It feels so strange to be back in this same spot I was.. not even a year ago. This position does nothing more but bring back remembrance of my old endeavors I faced. Flash backs fill my mind, but I can't seem to escape the reflection of thoughts that are flooding my head with temptations. Without a second thought I find myself in impulse with my finger extended as the fluid escapes my stomach. I feel relieved and untroubled when my stomach is finally emptied. I swiftly grab the edges of my Calvin Klein sweater and promptly wipe my plump lips.

When I exit the bathroom Ashton is sprawled out on my bed in slim fit black dress pants and a charcoal button down. I stare at him for a few moments unsure of how I feel about this look. I've never caught Ashton dead in anything other than a ripped tshirt and black skinny jeans. I press my lips as I examine his serious appearance.

"Something funny?" he asks

"Uhm.. no I'm just taken back by attire today." I smirk back

"I'm meeting with Modest! today and figured it would be appropriate to not look like a grungy teenager." he beams up at me showing his cheeky grin.

No matter how much of an jerk Ash can be to me sometimes, that smile always brings me back to remember my keen feelings for the geeky kid.

"Alright well I need to hit the road, I want to be relatively early. Maybe it will make up for how late we all know Luke will be."

A grin peaks through when shake my head and look at the floor.

"Oh by the way did you ever get Michael to go tonight?" I question

"Yeah the idiot finally quit that shit hole of a place he called his dream job. He won't regret it looking back when....well if we get this gig."

He rubs over his slim thighs and briskly claps his hands before heaving himself off my bed.
"Alright I really need to go, I'll see you tonight?"

"Yeah I'll see you later, text me how it goes!"