034.

Love has no limits, and knows no boundaries.

~••~

V A N E S S A

"Mom." I cried, placing my hand on her shoulder, making her face me. The moment she did, her eyes lightened with bliss and without sharing any words, I pulled her in a tight embrace. I had no idea how long we stayed like that, hugging the life out of each other, people around us were gawking at us, but only if they knew the feeling of having her in my arms after so fucking long was so beautiful.

If I hadn't hugged her, I wouldn't have realized how much I missed her. That's true, I haven't talked to her much, since, I have been bound in this marriage, but, that doesn't mean my heart didn't ache for her. Only I knew the feeling of being away from a parent is too hard to bear. It wasn't easy for me to not miss her every passing day. I may have not shown how freaking much I missed her but my insides had always churned-up due to the thought that my husband would never let me see my mother, ever again.

Speaking of my current state, well, my heart was filled with content. My mother was here, in my arms and I don't think I needed anything more at that moment. 

"I missed you so much, honey." My mother exclaimed, pulling herself out of my embrace. Her one hand wiped the tears from the corner of my eyes which I hadn't realized were there in the first place. Her other hand slowly rubbed my shoulders and she smiled.

"I missed you too, mom." I couldn't control my emotions and pulled her into another embrace. Finally, letting go of her, a smile broke out on my face.

"I still can't believe it's really you."

She chuckled, taking hold of my wrist as she cornered me in a space that was less crowded and where no one could overhear us. I raised a questioning brow at her but the realization of her wanting to have me alone to her unfolded on me. The smile never faded from her lips as she declared. "Tyler wanted me to surprise you."

"H-he invited you?" I found myself questioning her, my eyes slightly widened at her confession.

She nodded her head in acknowledgment. "Yeah, he called me and apologized for all his wrongdoings. He told me how ashamed and guilty, he is for what he did to you. He even told me how much he wants you back and that he would go to any extent to have you back in his life."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. My gaze moved around us to check again if there was anyone eavesdropping our conversation, but, thankfully there were none. We were at a good distance apart from almost everyone. Most of them were engrossed in admiring their partners, some of them were half-drunk while others were so engaged in gossiping and that didn't go unnoticed by me.

Turning my attention back to my mother, I asked. "You want me to forgive him and give him another chance, just because he invited you and apologized for how fucked up he is. Is that what you're trying to say, mom?"

"Yes, I want you to give him a chance. He is really ashamed . . ."

I rolled my eyes, once again and interjecting her. "Oh, come on, mom! I can't believe you are saying this of all people!"

She gripped my shoulders as if calming me down. I eyed her hands before I shifted my gaze back at her face. "I know, I shouldn't be saying all this but I am your mother, Vanessa, I can see it in your eyes how much you love him and how much you want to be with him. All, I want is for you to be happy and I know your happiness lies with him, and only him."

Has anyone switched my mother with another personality or what? Because I seriously can't believe she is the same mother, I bid goodbye to.